Main Menu

Templar Assault

Started by 0kult13, May 17, 2012, 01:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Very cool.  Makes me wish I had a droid.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tpek

Quote from: 0kult13 on May 17, 2012, 01:06:51 AM
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tresebrothers.games.templarselite&feature=also_installed#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwNCwiY29tLnRyZXNlYnJvdGhlcnMuZ2FtZXMudGVtcGxhcnNlbGl0ZSJd

How i lol'ed and lol'ed ..... F**k yeah space hulk for android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.corytrese.games.startraders&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLmNvcnl0cmVzZS5nYW1lcy5zdGFydHJhZGVycyJd

then i lol'ed some more... these dudes are heros and no a ip fight in sight

Yeah, I noticed these a while ago and was wondering why GW hasn't filed a C&D already.
I mean they demanded people take down their drawings and pics of their Space Marines minis from BGG,
And yet when someone makes a rip-off of one of their games they're okay with it? :P

PAK

A ripoff or not, apparently gw overlooked this one. It is still available. Is it worth money the creator wants?

PAK

Those Trese brothers made a nice collection of hardcore-leaning rpg/strategy games, may have to take a closer look at them...

James Sterrett

This version is free:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tresebrothers.games.templars&hl=en

It plays decently well on a tablet, but the selection buttons are too small to be easily used on a phone.  I've only ever played the original PC Space Hulk, and that only briefly, but it does seem to have a Space Hulk-y feel and mechanics.

JasonPratt

Actually, GW did file a cease and desist -- back when this was a legitimate port of Space Hulk, sort of. The story is that the Trese brothers started working up a Space Hulk port and contacted GW to show them how things were going and to get their blessing which they thought GW had officially given them; but then THQ decided maybe they wanted to make a Space Hulk game (or maybe they just had blanket rights to all electronic gaming based on 40K at the time, though I remember the rumor being that they had decided to develop Hulk). GW had to shut the project down; but they must have signaled they wouldn't complain if the Trese decided to remove IP specific elements. It probably helps that THQ folded a few years afterward -- though in a way they did get to make a Space Hulky sort of game! (i.e. the space hulk missions in DoW2's sequel/expansions.)

Worth noting, the reason we have Blood Bowl now on the PC is because Games Workshop hired the very studio they "desisted", Cyanide, to design the game after Chaos Bowl (or whatever the knockoff was called). So they aren't always raging asses about this.

Also: there's some kind of free (and legal) emulator available for PC which plays older Android games just fine; I've got it installed on my Win8 machine, and have played the free version of Templar Assault. Not at the house though, so I can't dig up the details. Wasn't hard to set up.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Oh heck, I didn't realize they also made Heroes of Steel! I just bought that for my iPhone.

This of course brings up the perennial question of why they don't bring Templar Assault to iOS.  :tickedoff: I mean they ported Rogue Star Traders over to iOS already, in two different versions (one as a more 4X-y campaign), and that's set in the same universe as Space Hulk Templar Assault.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!