Sneaky Release of Nobunaga's Ambition

Started by Jarhead0331, August 27, 2014, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Quote from: tgb on August 29, 2015, 07:11:50 AM
You know it's a Japanese game when you can put your military in the hands of a 12 year old girl (I'm not making this stuff up).

You can turn off Women Generals / Daimyo option.

tgb

Quote from: jomni
You can turn off Women Generlas / Daimyo option.

Good to hear.  I'm really looking forward to this.

tgb

Forget that other video.  This shows off all the gameplay and is a lot better. 

Now I'm excited.

Nefaro

Quote from: tgb on August 30, 2015, 10:08:56 AM

Now I'm excited.

I'm also looking forward to it.  Been a long time.

Hopefully mouse control is working okay.  The guy in that vid is using a controller and it looks to be a pain in the ass to target areas, the cursor being so sluggish.

tgb

Quote from: Nefaro on August 30, 2015, 10:51:06 AM
Quote from: tgb on August 30, 2015, 10:08:56 AM

Now I'm excited.

I'm also looking forward to it.  Been a long time.

Hopefully mouse control is working okay.  The guy in that vid is using a controller and it looks to be a pain in the ass to target areas, the cursor being so sluggish.

I'm guessing he was showing the PS4 version.  The gameplay is great, I just hope the PC version isn't a buggy mess.

jomni

"Hopefully mouse control is working okay.  The guy in that vid is using a controller and it looks to be a pain in the ass to target areas, the cursor being so sluggish."

It's perfect compared to a controller.

spelk

Holy shit! It's £41 on Steam now. That's a bit pricey...

I suppose it's in keeping with the PS4 pricing though.

Jarhead0331

Can't say I'm thrilled about seeing 10 DLCs going live simultaneously with launch.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

tgb

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 01, 2015, 01:06:10 PM
Can't say I'm thrilled about seeing 10 DLCs going live simultaneously with launch.

Don't forget, the game has been available in Japan for a while.  The DLC's are all scenarios, and looking at the main menu, there are plenty already included with the base game,  Besides, FWIW, the first three of those are included free as part of the launch special.

So far I haven't had time to do anything other than launch a game and poke around for one turn.  I decided to forego the tutorial and see how newbie-friendly the game really is. 

The good news is there are a lot of help screens that come up the first time you play.  Also, it's a lot more immersive if you change the voices to Japanese. The game looked good and seemed stable for the all of 10 minutes I played it so far.

The not so good - The launch menu is useless.  The "manual" does nothing, and while there is a button that takes you to setting graphics options, you have to set them again from the options menu within the game.  Worse, they don't "stick" and have to be reset every time.  Not the biggest deal in the world, but not a great first impression, either.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

tgb

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 01, 2015, 04:31:51 PM
Isn't this just Total War 2 : Shogun?

No. The focus is on the strategy and political dynamics, and the battles are a lot more basic than the ones in TW.  It's closer to Crusader Kings than it is to Shogun, I think.

jomni

Quote from: tgb on September 01, 2015, 04:53:39 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 01, 2015, 04:31:51 PM
Isn't this just Total War 2 : Shogun?

No. The focus is on the strategy and political dynamics, and the battles are a lot more basic than the ones in TW.  It's closer to Crusader Kings than it is to Shogun, I think.

Yeah.  More historical events and historical characters.  It revolves more around generals and their skills and making use of them properly.

jomni

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 01, 2015, 01:06:10 PM

Some come free with the purchase (promo).  But those are not necessary purchases unless you are a fan. 
The sandbox campaign is all you need rather than these scenario DLC's if you ask me.

The resolution resetting has been around since the Asian versions a year back.  They still haven't gone around it. ;/

tgb

jomni, now that I finished the tutorial, any suggestion of a good first scenario/clan?  I think I have a pretty good handle on most of the game so far.

jomni

Maybe the big clans (Nagao, Takeda, Hojo, Imagawa). TheRe. May be a lot of provinces and general  to manage but that that also means survival and easy expansion.