Ships!

Started by mirth, April 28, 2013, 09:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

That ship looks like it's loaded for... er, bear!

Is that the Kuznetzov in the backgound?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

GDS_Starfury

yup.  Mirth is feeling red today.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Always loved the Kirov Class.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Staggerwing

OMG! It's the top of an OGRE emerging from the ocean!

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 28, 2013, 09:36:43 AM
OMG! It's the top of an OGRE emerging from the ocean!

Lol! Good call.

mirth

mirth

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on May 09, 2013, 06:54:08 PM

Captain's Log: Note to self. Reassign half the Samoan sailors to duties on the starboard side of the ship ASAP

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 09, 2013, 07:06:21 PM

Captain's Log: Note to self. Reassign half the Samoan sailors to duties on the starboard side of the ship ASAP

I thought he was skidding into a parking space
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 09, 2013, 07:06:21 PM

Photoshop? the seas don't look that rough.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

Brant is sort of right- look at the wake. That flattop is making a very sharp turn and those things can go upwards of thirty knots. What would happen to your car if you were going over thirty and you suddenly spun the wheel hard to the right?

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 09, 2013, 09:24:26 PM
Brant is sort of right- look at the wake. That flattop is making a very sharp turn and those things can go upwards of thirty knots. What would happen to your car if you were going over thirty and you suddenly spun the wheel hard to the right?

I'll buy that. The deck is clear. They're either hot dogging or practicing because that's as close to a calm sea on the open water as you could ask for.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

I'm with 'Wing. It looks legit. They're likely doing some kind of speed test or builders trial. I think the max speed of the Nimitz CVNs is classified. It's given as 30-plus knots.