We have a Pitch Meeting thread now. Threads are _tight!_

Started by JasonPratt, May 10, 2018, 08:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Partly due to being experimental I think -- they hadn't done a live-action remake exactly yet, but saw how much money could be minted doing a loose pair of sequels to Alice in Wonderland (of all things).

What boggles my mind is why there's even a sequel to this coming out. I thought they told the story the way they wanted (badly) in the first film! -- is this going to be a straight remake now?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

This reminds me that I never figured out why the 70s Gemini Man series was about an invisible man secret agent (somewhat on the Six Million Dollar plan)...

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

al_infierno

Today it's time for a little classic horror pitch meeting:

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Tpek

JasonPratt

Hm, that computer in the background does NOT date back to the time of videotapes... ;)

JasonPratt

"Isn't Netflix ten billion dollars in debt?" "Twelve billion actually." "Well, I hate debt, but I love gambling, so sounds interesting!"

Tpek

It made me read about Netflix being in debt, and then getting even more in debt so it can fund more crap content instead of just letting viewers outside the U.S
watch all the content Netflix paid billions of dollars for its exclusive rights.  :tickedoff: :uglystupid2:

JasonPratt

"So, should I tell you about it?" ".... ........ ....uhhmmm...... ......yeah, I, uh, I guess I should know something about it."

airboy

Frozen was supposed to be a one-shot movie with a "they lived happily ever after."
But then money happened.
Yes, then money happened.

Tpek

How is that any different than any other Disney movie?
Aladdin, Lion King, Little Mermaid and others were all supposed to be one-shots as well.

JasonPratt

"...and then he's gonna turn into rats!" "... ....... what?" "You should definitely not think about it too hard."

JasonPratt

"Well, I do refuse to learn from others' mistakes!" "That's what I love about you, sir!"

My parents by the way adore this movie.

JasonPratt

So, this was a thing that happened.

"Okay, okay, so, I have a question for you: what?"

JasonPratt

"Oh, Lumpy's great, he's like Chewbacca, if he wanted to eat your bone marrow."