Galaxy Trucker

Started by republic, December 08, 2013, 08:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

republic

Just played that with the family, its a hoot!  Any of you ever play it?

Arctic Blast

Big fan of this game. I ponied up for the Anniversary Edition that came out earlier this year, just to get the game and both expansions in one box.  ;D

Which reminds me, that's another reprint to mention for tabletop games of the year...

republic

I need to look up the expansions.  Like all my boardgames...I bought it years ago and just now actually played it.

It has good pacing, perfect length, lots of fun.  Even my 6 year old could play it and have fun with it.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: republic on December 09, 2013, 07:11:58 AM
I need to look up the expansions.  Like all my boardgames...I bought it years ago and just now actually played it.

It has good pacing, perfect length, lots of fun.  Even my 6 year old could play it and have fun with it.

The expansions primarily add new ship components. By the time you add both expansions, there are easily 30 new tile types for ships. So it just takes the existing chaos and ramps it up. You also get a 4th Act with the second expansion, as well as internal threats. The internal threats are NASTY. And both expansions add new alternate ship boards to build on, too.

We play it a fair amount, and it's always amusing. One friend is really too good at constructing ships, so we've almost made it our objective to screw him up.  ;D

republic

The look on my wife's face when an asteroid split her ship in half was priceless.  :)

Arctic Blast

Quote from: republic on December 09, 2013, 08:29:34 PM
The look on my wife's face when an asteroid split her ship in half was priceless.  :)

I always enjoy the moments when the build phase is over, and you begin to look past the travesty you tossed together and look upon the disasters which everyone else assembled in a panic. Many laughs tend to happen at that point.  :)

Incidentally, for anyone wanting to know more about this game, Shut Up and Sit Down did an amusing play through of the full game with the Anniversary Edition. You can watch it here.