Eddie Van Halen -- RIP

Started by steve58, October 06, 2020, 02:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

:o  :(  RIP Eddie.  2020 keeps on giving  >:(

Legendary rock guitarist, Eddie Van Halen, has died. He was 65.

Van Halen's son, Wolf, confirmed the news on Tuesday.

"I can't believe I'm having to write this, but my father, Edward Lodewijk Van Halen, has lost his long and arduous battle with cancer this morning," he wrote on Twitter.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/eddie-van-halen-dead

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/06/eddie-van-halen-dead-dies-cancer-65/

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Horrible. Another rock god gone. RIP

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

I remember having the first album and playing it when my high school buddies and I were shooting pool and drinking beer.  His guitar technique had a big influence in the metal world.  He also married a total hottie: Valerie Bertinelli.

May God have mercy on your soul Eddie!  You were one of the very few celebrities I ever envied (mostly due to Valerie).

AchillesLastStand

A friend turned me onto their debut album in the winter of 78 and i ended up seeing VH about a dozen times starting in the summer of 79. So very sad to hear this and prayers to all the family and friends. RIP.

Boggit

Sad to learn this. He was an outstanding guitarist. RIP.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat