Main Menu

Dark Souls

Started by DV8, May 08, 2012, 05:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

^Congratulations brother on escaping Blight Town.  That can be a dangerous place indeed and to have survived, even at the expense of so many souls, is a great  achievement worthy of some GamerScore.   ;)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grimnirsson

Thanks, yes, was a hard time down there, as I said, I was cursed all the time :P

I have now killed the Hellkite Dragon, made my way through Sens Fortress and killed the Iron Golem and am back in Anor Londo. Level 53 again after 42h, faster than with my first character - it was definitely worth to start all over :)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

That's quite impressive.  I haven't played Dark Souls in a while but when I last left I was still stuck trying to figure out how to exit Sens Fortress.  I try not to 'cheat' by reading the area walkthroughs over at Dark Souls Wiki unless I've spent way too much time in any area.  It's important to experience the game fully on your own in my opinion before resorting to guides.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Grimnirsson

QuoteI haven't played Dark Souls in a while but when I last left I was still stuck trying to figure out how to exit Sens Fortress

The way is tricky because of the traps and swinging blades, but it's not really a long way. Make sure you will go up and not down and you'll find the way to Anor Londo :)

QuoteIt's important to experience the game fully on your own in my opinion before resorting to guides.

This!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Grimnirsson

Prepare to go beyond the terror you had to face in Dark Souls... ;)

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

^I've already put down $5 at my local GameStop to reserve a copy of this game.  Can't wait for 14.March!

I noticed in that trailer there was a multiplayer scene where two red characters were fighting each other.  I didn't think this was possible in Dark Souls was it?

Grimnirsson

No it wasn't as far as I know. Have you played it recently, DS1 I mean? I will start playing DS again beginning of march to prepare myself for DS2, I think I can be at the DLC door again at that time, which means I am where I was when my 1st character was lost.

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

I haven't played DS1 in a while but like you I plan on playing again soon in preparation for DS2.   ;)

Hopefully you can reach the point where your first character was in time for DS2.

Yskonyn

Odd, I could've sweared I contributed to this thread, but it must have either been a different thread or a different forum... hmz.. :D
Anyway, I think DS is about the best, most  frustrating and most rewarding game experiences I have ever had, period!
Nowhere near to completion of the game, but I am totally in love with it.
The combat system is brutal, but fair and pretty tight. When you die you usually know why.
I am having a hard time with the demon in the lower burg with the two wolves at the moment... Have cleared the tower, sounded the bell. So I am pretty proud no less! :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grimnirsson

You mean the Capra Demon? He can be tough if your character can not take much damage (my old build could and just went through the fog door, killed everything and didn't even need a flask :P ) - it's usually the best tactic to run up the stairs so the wolves follow you while the demon is still on the ground. They will often stand side by side on the stairs so each weapon swing can hit them both, killing them quickly. Jump off and run upstairs again until the Demon stands below you and then make a jump attack. He doesn't need that many hits (ok, depending on your weapon of course). Just make sure to be quick because he will follow you upstairs...

www.homefrontcenter.de

Yskonyn

I have the dragon sword, so dmg output is fine.
I can usually kill of the two wolves quickly, but the darn demon always runs up the stairs with me....
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

W8taminute

The trick with the Capra Demon is when he follows you up the stair immediately jump off and run back to the beginning of the stair case.  Wait for him to jump off the little bridge thing then immediately run up the stairs again.  Do a jump thrust sword attack on him when he doesn't follow you up the stairs.  Rinse repeat.  You'll get him eventually. 

I love this game as well.  This is the kind of game that when you're in a social gathering and tell people who understand gaming that you're a Dark Souls veteran they immediately bow to you in respect.  Can't wait for Dark Souls 2 and I am no where finished at all with this game.  But that's not going to stop me from playing.   :)

Yskonyn

I have decided I NEED to have finished DS 1 at least one time before I will start DS 2. I'll probably buy DS2 on day one though. :P