World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition

Started by ChrisK, September 26, 2013, 04:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisK

First, let me start off by saying I work for the company, but I am not trying to sell you anything.  :o

I am just wondering, is anyone looking forward to the Xbox 360 version of World of Tanks? We have a lot of players in the open beta right now (like hundreds of thousands), but I am curious if they are all just regular console players trying something different from their usual Battlefield 27 or Modern Warfare 16 or whatever, or if there are any real grognards who game regularly on the console who play action games in addition to their usual TBS/RTS games.

Also, if you have any questions about this game/version, fire away and I'll answer if I am able. 8)

Grimnirsson

Yep, I'm looking forward to playing it, although I'm not in the Beta.

And oh yes, I do have a question - do the tanks have a 'cockpit' view? Are tanks always for one player only or are there also tanks that can be operated by more than one player?
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

ChrisK

Quote from: Grimnirsson on September 26, 2013, 05:11:47 PM
Yep, I'm looking forward to playing it, although I'm not in the Beta.

That's easy to fix...   ;D

QuoteAnd oh yes, I do have a question - do the tanks have a 'cockpit' view? Are tanks always for one player only or are there also tanks that can be operated by more than one player?

That's two questions! 8) No cockpit view (way back when I worked on Panzer Elite we had a good one, but not for WoT). There is a zoomed-in sniper mode where you basically look down the barrel from the inside, but that's it. There are also no multi-player tanks. Even the tanks with multiple guns/turrets (e.g., M3 Lee) only have one functional gun (in this case the 75mm). The option to switch between guns/turrets is something we've always wanted to add when we get the bandwidth (while the 75mm is reloading, you pepper them from the 37mm). Having said that, we can also make changes to the Xbox version that will make it different from the PC version later. An example would be two-player coop on the same machine where one player drives and shoots a fixed gun or secondary turret and the other player controls the main gun/turret. I'm not sure how much fun that would be with a shared screen either, so that may require splitting the screen view. It's possible at any rate, but first we're focusing on bringing over all of the tanks and maps and things from WoT PC before we address those kinds of changes. Ask me again in six months. ;D

Grimnirsson

QuoteThat's easy to fix...

Please...fix it ;)

www.homefrontcenter.de

ChrisK

Grimnirsson

Great game! Now bring more maps, the crew feature and Russian tanks! :)

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

I am enjoying the 360 version of WoT.  There really is a lot of potential with this game and the online players all seem to be decent to play with so far.  The game is so good that I also downloaded the client for my PC as well. 

The gameplay is fun and not overwhelming.  The attention to detail from the tank bio's to the skins themselves is excellent.  Keep up the good work!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk