Xbox One vs PS4 - GO!

Started by bayonetbrant, November 26, 2013, 02:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

With Black Friday about to land on us, let the inevitable console wars begin!

XBox One vs Playstation 4

If you can only get 1, which do you get, and why?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Playstation 4.

Because I've never owned a PlayStation - just the original XBox then the XBox 360.

Not really a scientific reason, but yeah.

Sure wouldn't buy it on eBay...you see the prices of that damn thing on there? $1200, $1400 easy. Dumbasses.

Grimnirsson

Easy...PS4...

more power...

better exclusives...

no Kinect bullshit...

no TV/multimedia bullshit...

no forced you can watch a movie, while playing a game and switching to Skype 'feature'

a pure GAMING machine...

that also can do multmedia stuff if you WANT it...

100 bucks cheaper...

folks who present the console don't look like bored Tyrion Lannister dwarves...

M$ lost all trust with their DRM restrictions, no used games policy, always on internet stuff etc. and then they lost even more trust with their new Xbox 180 console...

and that is coming from a gamer who had a great time with the Xbox and the Xbox 360...but I just don't like M$ anymore...they screwed up

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

I'll echo Grimnirsson statements.  I really resent the fact that Microsoft haughtily tried to tell us that we need a console that does everything in one package.  Is the X-bone supposed to be a video game console, an entertainment center, or a spy device?  I don't know.

Call me old fashioned but when I buy a console I buy a system to game on.  I don't want to be distracted by anything else.  And I too love my XBOX360 to death, more so than I love my PS3. 

I watched a review about Forza Motorsport 5 the other day and was absolutely shocked and disgusted to learn that in order to level up and complete certain tracks and races you will be required to use real life money to purchase additional key cars.  That scared me to death.  Is the trend on the X-bone going to be one where the consumer pays $60 for a game and in order to complete certain levels will be required to purchase various add-ons? 

I'm really sorry to sound so emotional on this subject, please overlook my tirade, but this subject hits me equally as strong.  I value my individual freedom and will vote with my wallet and buy a PS4 early next quarter.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Barthheart

Yeah... I'll probably be opting out of the console thing when they shutdown Xbox Live for my 360. I have no interest in getting a PS4 and will not buy an Xbox One.
It's been a good run....  :P

bayonetbrant

My son is going to try to use the Xbox Live shutdown on 360 to leverage for an XBox One.

Not going to work :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Grimnirsson

QuoteI'm really sorry to sound so emotional on this subject,

Console gamers feel like that...console gaming is an emotional thing :)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

W8taminute

Let's hope that Live does not get shutdown anytime soon.  One would think it is still a cash cow for MS and they would be stupid to shutdown this source of revenue.  Not everyone will be buying a new console right away methinks. 

If and when they do shutdown Live it will be as if millions of terrified gamers screamed at once and then were suddenly silenced.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Barthheart

Quote from: W8taminute on November 26, 2013, 04:34:10 PM
Let's hope that Live does not get shutdown anytime soon.  One would think it is still a cash cow for MS and they would be stupid to shutdown this source of revenue.  Not everyone will be buying a new console right away methinks. 

If and when they do shutdown Live it will be as if millions of terrified gamers screamed at once and then were suddenly silenced.

Nice quote!  8)

I don't expect it to shutdown anytime soon... maybe 2-3 years from Xbox Won release.....

bayonetbrant

Quote from: W8taminute on November 26, 2013, 04:34:10 PM

Everything I can find says "Live" isn't shutting down for at least 3 years.  By then he can get a lawn mowing gig and buy his own console.  ;D

BanzaiCat

I never bothered with a Live account - I got one of the first 360s and an external connection was, when I last looked into it, about a $150 hardware add-on for it. Nooooooooope.

W8taminute

Quote from: Grimnirsson on November 26, 2013, 04:29:29 PM
Console gamers feel like that...console gaming is an emotional thing :)

Yes it is indeed and that's why we love it.   8)

Jarhead0331

I've been able to find xboxOnes in store. However, I haven't been able to get my hands on  a ps4. This may be a statement on which system is more popular.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

It is an interesting statement.  Sony focused all their resources and inventory on a North America launch only and you still can't get your hands on one.  XBOX launched world wide and I see them all the time in the stores. 

The guy at Best Buy told me that Sony can't keep up with demand hence no systems whilst Xbone supplies are constantly flowing into the store.  I politely nodded my head in agreement and walked away from this propaganda speech.

On the other hand the guy over at my local GameStop told me that whenever a PS4 shipment comes in he sells out within hours of the shipment arrival.  When Xbones come in they stay on the shelves for a day or two before selling out.

BanzaiCat

One thing that really will stop me from even thinking of buying a One is that it's not backwards-compatible.

I don't think the PS4 is backwards compatible either, but I don't own any PS4 games, but do have quite a stock of Xbox 360 (and even old Xbox) games.