Best Guys Movie

Started by GDS_Starfury, July 29, 2014, 09:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Seann William Scott fan, eh?
Any time is a good time for pie.

BanzaiCat

Not necessarily SWS fan, as I am of those two movies in particular. I didn't much like him in Bulletproof Monk, so can't say I'm a big fan.

Gusington

Swngers, with a thin Vince Vaughn and thin Jon Favreau. And a hot Heather Graham. I can't believe that movie is almost 20 years old.

Also, Ghost Dog, with Forest Whittaker.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

The Horse Soldiers

The Searchers

...and a few more John Wayne films.

Also I would add 'The Man Who Would Be King'
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

I have never seen The Searchers - ducks, covers-

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

bob48

Quote from: Gusington on August 13, 2014, 01:38:22 PM
I have never seen The Searchers - ducks, covers-

Well worth seeing, Gus. As old as it is, its a brilliant movie.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 13, 2014, 01:41:25 PM
Very Bad Things

Meh - didn't find that one entertaining...  it was almost too predictable
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TacticalWargames

Sir Slash

Yes the Searchers co-stars the man who was almost Capt. Kirk but wasn't, but was Capt. Pike--- talking original series here. And also includes Festus from Gunsmoke although he's almost un-recognizable. Before your time Gus. But a damn good movie. :P
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

A lot of guys on here have waxed poetic about The Searchers for a long time.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Well searching will do that to you. So many great old films, so few great new ones. See the waxing there.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing anymore...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison

I watched this classic last weekend.