Main Menu

Rome II

Started by JudgeDredd, June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

With DEI you really have a lot of choices to make when you add a new building to a city that can have big effects later on. So factions with a lot of cities like Seleucids and Egypt can be very tough to play with so many choices to make. Small factions like Athens and some of the German or Gauls can take forever before anything exciting happens. The factions in the middle are best to play until you get handle on the game mechanics, Rome and Carthage. But go with a culture that interest you like maybe one of the Red Sea factions or British. Also for me, the battles are a lot tougher than vanilla.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Thanks for the advice & recommendations, Sir Slash.  I'd kinda gotten the impression that larger factions might be a bit overwhelming, especially when I've not really played DEI before.  I'll let you know which one I go with! 

Quote from: Gusington on June 29, 2020, 09:25:31 PM
Seleucids!
Ha, I knew you were going to suggest them!  Let me get my feet wet with a faction that's a little less intimidating first.  :D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Do it for the elephants, breh

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Phhht! Elephants, they're a thankless bunch. Just try to get even one to lie down and rub against your feet while you're watching TV.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Martok

I've started a campaign as Mamlakatin Saba, one of the desert tribal kingdoms in southern Arabia.  They get a bonus to farm & trade income, have access to some juicy trade routes, and (most importantly) they can recruit camel units into their army.  I couldn't resist.  :D 

Gusington

Armored camels make me smile.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Not if you were trying to get them to breed. With each other I mean. Post some pics Martok.  :bd: