Well, I did it.......Fireball XL5 complete series

Started by DoctorQuest, July 24, 2015, 03:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

Nostalgia TV.

It all started with purchasing the Star Trek TOS DVD collection.

It went down hill from there when I found this place. http://www.ccvideo.com. Lord help me.

FBXL5 was one of my absolute favorite TV shows when I was a kid and I know it started me on the path to sci-fi fandom. Let's face it, SUPERMARIONATION (you HAVE to capitalize it...) was the CGI of it's day. You could do ANYTHING.

I have not been disappointed. I know you can't go home again but the episodes are just fun to watch and the memories of building Tinkertoy space ships flood back.

"Blast off into the farthest reaches of space in Fireball XL5! In the future, mankind has at last made it's giant leap beyond the bonds of Earth. Under the supervision of the World Space Patrol, the galaxy and all it's wonders are finally being explored by a fleet of spaceships unlike anything we have had before. Under the command of the rugged Colonel Steve Zodiac, the fleet's flagship Fireball XL5 investigates the deepest corners of Galactic Sector 25 in search of faraway planets, alien life and adventure. Another distinctive creation from the mind of producer Gerry Anderson (Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet), Fireball XL5 debuted in 1962 and soon became a favorite of young viewers with one eye aimed at the television and the other on the rapidly growing Space Race. Anderson's famous SUPERMARIONATION technique is of course on full display here, offering it's unique look and style to the adventures of Colonel Zodiac and his crew."

Great stuff.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.