Conscript - First World War Horror

Started by Gusington, October 26, 2020, 04:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

In searching for a follow-up to my good time with NecroVision, I found CONSCRIPT, a WWI survival/horror game for which a demo is out now on Steam  \m/

https://www.conscriptgame.com/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Love the art style, though I have to admit I'm slightly put off by what appears to be ghoul-like enemies at the end of the trailer.  Fighting zombies/beasties/whatever is always the worst part of these survival horror games with meaty tactical gunfights (Metro 2033 comes to mind).

Will definitely try this out, though.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

I can't believe I have not heard of this until today...:/

I'm not picky when it comes to WWI-set horror.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd