Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Forgotten game about the Forgotten War...how ironic.

The strategic situation outside of Gyeongsangbuk-do

Building the American assault OOB

A closer look at the men

The objective

Early on, lead elements of our force make contact with North Korean scouts. Shortly thereafter, we start taking accurate mortar fire

Advance armor squad on the move. Infantry moving up in column formation

The road to the objective was guarded by various prepared positions

Defeated communist self-propelled artillery

A barrage of 105s splashes on the objective

Fire for Effect

Artillery is truly king

Engaging enemy armor from the rear

Kill shot

Assaulting a forward trench line

Advance!

Fix bayonets!

This officer survived and was promoted. Total badass.

Communist counter-attack under heavy fire

Getting hammered

Devastated village. To take it, we had to destroy it

The high cost of war. Better them than us

Heavy machine gun position

Close Air Support

Corsairs, I think

Maybe P-51s?

Tracers

Air support effectively suppressed heavy defensive positions during the final attack

Most defensive positions have been destroyed or abandoned

The final charge

Victory!

Totally acceptable losses. 12 KIA

A win for I Corps. The KPA 10th Infantry is defeated

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jomni

Which game engine is that?

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

ComradeP

Odd, I thought you didn't like it because it didn't "feel" like Korea, but maybe that was just the initial version.

Did your air support hit one of your Shermans or does it just look like that?
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Jarhead0331

Quote from: ComradeP on March 18, 2014, 06:37:13 AM
Odd, I thought you didn't like it because it didn't "feel" like Korea, but maybe that was just the initial version.

Did your air support hit one of your Shermans or does it just look like that?

When playing at release I did not like it. I wouldn't say it doesn't "feel" like Korea. True, I have not seen any snow or cold weather maps, but the mountainous terrain still feels appropriately Korean.

They must have tweaked the combat values since release because unless I was just extremely lucky, my infantry survived three assaults on separate defensive positions sustaining only relatively light casualties. E major complaint I always had with the ToW engine was the ease in which infantry was destroyed. This was my first time playing in years and it played out more authentically.

As far as the CAS, I'm not sure which image you are referring to, but I did not sustain any losses from friendly fire. Two tanks threw tracks due to direct enemy anti-tank fire, but none of them were destroyed.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

ComradeP

The 10th screenshot from the bottom, it looks like the tank on the hill gets hit by your air support instead of the village.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Jarhead0331

Quote from: ComradeP on March 18, 2014, 01:00:18 PM
The 10th screenshot from the bottom, it looks like the tank on the hill gets hit by your air support instead of the village.

LoL. Yeah, that was a close call, but no damage was sustained as a result of that attack. In fact, the selected tank that shows a damaged tread in the bottom right of the screen is a different tank than the one actually depicted in the shot. I blame myself for the close call though, it was bad timing on my part.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Toonces

Pretty intense racing tonight. 

I started with a few Classic mode skirmishes.  One in a 1980-something Schumaker car, and one from 1990-something in Schecter's car.

Then I moved on to Toonces Cat's career.  Race 4 in Bahrain in the Red Bull 19 car.

I finished 18th in Qualifying, which is decent for me.

Then I moved on to the race.

I started out pretty far back in the pack but within a few laps I moved up to 9th position.  From then on, for about 10 laps I had this huge duel going on with Raikonnen and his team mate.  It was unbelievably intense.  But I pulled out a 9th place finish which is pretty epic for me!

Dueling with Raikonnen:

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

A few more racing in Spain in Classic Mode Michael Schumacher's car again.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Some of those images are photorealistic. Impressive.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

FlickJax

Not to be pedantic but it was Scheckter in the 80's car and Schumacher 90's :)

jomni

Spent the past few days customizing an airport in X-Plane 10 using the World Editor (WED), default object libraries, and 3rd party OpenSceneryX.  This is Fukuoka Airport in Japan (RJFF).

Tuna

Very nice!.. That's one thing Xplane is lacking.. Airport detail!!!

Boy when it's nighttime in X-Plane, it's night time!.. Very dark.. lol.. I had to look up the keys for turning on the lights, no way you'd be able to do that looking around the dark cockpit!

jomni

Xplane 10 has a flashlight under the views menu. When activated, you get red illumination around the mouse pointer.

I really hate the default airpots with no buildings. No choice but to get 3rd party stuff. And I learned to make my own. Quite fun actually,like Lego.

Tuna

Quote from: jomni on March 19, 2014, 08:47:30 AM
Xplane 10 has a flashlight under the views menu. When activated, you get red illumination around the mouse pointer.

I really hate the default airpots with no buildings. No choice but to get 3rd party stuff. And I learned to make my own. Quite fun actually,like Lego.

Thanks for the tip!