Origins 2018 ~ June 13-17 (Columbus OH)

Started by bayonetbrant, June 21, 2017, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advocator

You put me first.  I'm not sure how I feel about that or the fact that I didn't talk about Kriegspiel.

bbmike

Quote from: Advocator on June 27, 2018, 06:54:28 PM
You put me first.  I'm not sure how I feel about that or the fact that I didn't talk about Kriegspiel.

They ordered me not to talk about Kriegspiel.  :hide:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

First rule of Kriesgspiel is, you don't talk about Kriegspiel.

mirth

I watched the video, but I'm not clear how many people were in the big Kriegsspiel game :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Advocator

I believe everyone but me.

Speaking of Kriegspiel, I was told there was going to be an online one starting up... has that happened and I completely missed it (which is likely)?

mirth

They're regrouping from the last 18 month online Kriegsspiel ;)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Cyrano

Nothing missed at all.

Quite the contrary, e-mail to you forthcoming shortly from the cryptically titled jenacampaign AT gmail DOT com.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

Speaking of which, BC, could you fire an e-mail to that address so I have your contact information there?

Thanks,

Jim
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

Vendor Hall pix today...  and no, we're not done with picture galleries
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

What happened to the harassment complaints?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on July 02, 2018, 06:56:42 PM

Never saw a follow-up but I'm sure there are privacy laws at play
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 02, 2018, 07:16:42 PM
Quote from: airboy on July 02, 2018, 06:56:42 PM

Never saw a follow-up but I'm sure there are privacy laws at play

I hope not.  If there was a participant who ends up being sanctioned for horrible behavior towards con participants then the name should be public.  If it is not public, then the same behavior will be seen at other conventions. 

mirth

It would be nice to know what came of it.

airboy

It has been almost 2 months since my last query - but anyone know what the outcome of the harassment complaints was?