Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Redwolf on December 24, 2021, 05:34:46 PM
3:10 min has a Japanese Zero.

What gives? AI opponent for F4U?

I don't think it's a zero. It's an FW-190 with a zero skin. They've done that before.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

Jarhead0331

^As cool as the F1 may be, isn't it a step back from the M2000 in terms of avionics? I never really got into the M2000, so I'm not sure generationally where the build in DCS stands in terms of technology, but the F1 is an early third generation fighter at best.

I will no doubt buy this on release, but for fixed-wing releases on the 2022 horizon, I am far more excited for the F15E!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Dammit Carl!

All true, I suppose, but I'm a sucker for those beauts of the 60's & 70's.

Redwolf

The F1 is such an odd choice for ED's own next jet.

Yskonyn

Its made by AERGES, who were formerly known as AvioDev.

The F1 fits with the Intruder, Corsair and Phantom batch I suppose.
It will also be a nice playmate for the Tomcat and if you strip down the Viper to model an early A model it wouldn't look out of place either.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 27, 2021, 02:58:31 PM

...and if you strip down the Viper to model an early A model it wouldn't look out of place either.

OK? But we have a C variant Block 50. That's a significant difference in avionics, GPS, weapons and engine technology. The A variants completed delivery in '85. The C Block 50s were delivered in '92-ish.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Yskonyn

I meant to mod out the fancy stuff or, at a basic level, limit yourself to only employ -A era weapons.
You'll still be cheating, but the point I tried to make is that the Viper-base is already in, so it wouldn't be out of this realm to have a scaled down -A model at some point. But I do agree that the example is not a very good one.  >:D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Skoop

Isn't the F1 suppose to go with the falklands map ?  Didn't the argies fly F1s in the falklands ?

Jarhead0331

the 2.0 version of the A4E community mod was released today. This mod is amazing and it is a sin that these guys aren't getting paid by ED. It is hands down the best mod out there for DCS. Only the T-45 Goshawk comes even close.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Tripoli

Heinemann's hot rod.  720 degrees roll/sec.    I'm getting so close to buying DCS just for this. However, DCS would take up almost all of what remains of my hard drive.  I may have to satisfy myself with my WOFF DH-3 a little longer :(   The good news is while I can't roll my DH-3 that fast, based on personal experience, it will spin that quickly ;D
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

mikeck

Quote from: Tripoli on January 01, 2022, 06:54:54 PM
Heinemann's hot rod.  720 degrees roll/sec.    I'm getting so close to buying DCS just for this. However, DCS would take up almost all of what remains of my hard drive.  I may have to satisfy myself with my WOFF DH-3 a little longer :(   The good news is while I can't roll my DH-3 that fast, based on personal experience, it will spin that quickly ;D

Did you know they are both free? Dcs is- of course- but so is the A-4 module. You don't need FC3 or anything. Download free DCS, download free A-4 mod and enjoy.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Skoop

I revisited the F16 after all the latest additions and that module is sweet now.  It's a blast doing sead missions in it with the new harm pod and the new jammer pod.  Things an anti sam beast.  After exclusively flying the f18 the past year, it was refreshing switching over to the 16.

Jarhead0331

First the A-4E mod, then the UH-60L hit and just when I thought it couldn't get any better, someone does this...

Looks positively deadly.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Oh...and for those of you living under a rock...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog