just uploaded my ACW wargame for free PC

Started by crowdrake, April 26, 2022, 03:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowdrake

ACW Leaders [hard core wargame]
This is about a Fictional Battle in the American Civil War. The Units have Facing on a hexgrid. You have cavalry Cannon and infantry all Lead by famous ACW Leaders. There is an A.I. and a Hotseat option . each unit has success and failures recorded, and can achieve Hero ststus

https://agamecreator.itch.io/acw-leaders-hard-core-wargame

al_infierno

Looks interesting, is this comparable at all to the John Tiller games?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

crowdrake

Quote from: al_infierno on April 26, 2022, 03:44:38 PM
Looks interesting, is this comparable at all to the John Tiller games?

great to be compared to a Legend, it looks like them, I think I have gone a diff way with leaders as I have recorded every attack a unit makes on its stats, I think a JT clone would be nice to head for, it sure took some effort, but could do with some JT magic I suspect  the problem with me atleast is you can never get graphics or sound for games as everything is copyrited, and even free art and audio says its free but when you look into the license you find its free under certain conditions, so as a rule I dont use any art or audio I havnt made or is 100 years old

I had an error, fixed now, so get the latest version