Main Menu

DCS Discussion

Started by republic, October 28, 2013, 06:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

QuoteYou make our dreams come true

I beg to differ. I am super stoked about an AH-64D.

Thank you Eagle Dynamics  :notworthy:
Alba gu' brath

Skoop

Man I can't wait for the Apache.  Been waiting a decade for it.

Jarhead0331

Having an Apache AND a Kiowa is going to make for some really awesome missions. Might be time to get into the MP stuff.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

I don't know if it's the G2 or the patch that dropped yesterday, but the Persian Gulf map is looking exquisite. The desert and mountains are noticeably more detailed.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: Skoop on December 18, 2020, 06:37:18 PM

So I guess you'll be ok with another decade then :-D

Honestly - The Mi24 was announced, what...2 years ago? And how much of that have we seen?

I really hate when ED does this. Hype is stupid and it always leads to upset with DCS.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on December 18, 2020, 07:09:23 PM
Quote from: Skoop on December 18, 2020, 06:37:18 PM

So I guess you'll be ok with another decade then :-D

Honestly - The Mi24 was announced, what...2 years ago? And how much of that have we seen?

I really hate when ED does this. Hype is stupid and it always leads to upset with DCS.

Nah, it'll be out in 2 years maybe less but in early access with 50% of the features complete.  Thing is, in that release state it'll still be the best sim Apache hands down.

Apocalypse 31

I'll eat my words-

I played the Huey in multicrew tonight and it was awesome.

These aircraft- Gazelle, Mi-8, UH-1, were designed to be CREWED, and its nice to finally have a crew working together. Multicrew should be a standard going forward for all aircraft.

Yskonyn

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 18, 2020, 06:59:02 PM
I don't know if it's the G2 or the patch that dropped yesterday, but the Persian Gulf map is looking exquisite. The desert and mountains are noticeably more detailed.

Yeah its the new pass of the map that got included. More updates will follow.

Pretty stoked for the Longbow as well!

As for your WW2 question; I think it already was quite the experience. Its just limited from the scripted mission setup as opposed to something dynamic, just like the modern stuff.
Also, the new dmg model is coming to WW2 assets first. So there is that.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Toonces

Heatblur should spin off a division just to develop Jester AI for all of the multi-crewed planes and helos.  An Apache with just one person in it - I have to wonder how well that will actually work.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on December 19, 2020, 01:14:15 PM
Heatblur should spin off a division just to develop Jester AI for all of the multi-crewed planes and helos.  An Apache with just one person in it - I have to wonder how well that will actually work.

The F-15E is also being developed without a WSO AI. As far as I know, there is no word on how they are developing the Apache and whether it will have a crew AI or not. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Skoop

I'm sure they'll figure the 2 seater AI out.  Thing that sucks about Jester is you can only fly human pilot with jester RIO in MP.  You can only be Jester with AI pilot in SP.  You cant seat swap on the fly in MP unless the server allows it.  So these limitations will be interesting for the Apache.  Best will always be to multi crew an apache.  But not everyone has a bro available to multi crew or sometimes I want to just be gunner and blow stuff up or switch between the 2 in an MP mission.  Will be interesting to see how these details come about.  DCS Apache will be epic either way.

Jarhead0331

I saw something floating around that summarized an interview with Kate and she mentioned that there will be a co-pilot AI in the Apache. Also, early access release functionality will be closer to the AH-64A model with the Longbow capabilities coming online later on in development.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog