Kerbal Space Program 2

Started by steve58, August 19, 2019, 04:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Well, we're (aka me/I) two weeks into the EA release.  I caved and bought it on release.  I've not been able to play with it a lot yet (mostly because I needz (OK really really wantz a MechJeb 3.0 mod), but it hasn't crashed/fried my PC...yet.

For reference, my PC specs are: Ryzen 5 3600X, w/16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM and a GeForce GTX 1660 Ti w/6GB VRAM...just about minimum recommended specs.

I'm getting ~60 fps in the VAB, ~20fps in space when looking at Kerbal, and 60+fps in space, not looking at anything but space/stars.  When I play, temps on my CPU and GPU go up a bit, but not enough to crash my PC or worry me, but then again, my ships are usually low part counts.

Not sorry I picked it up early.  Really looking forward to the first patch.  Hope to see at some optimization to help with the fps.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Patch #1 coming Mar 16th (if QA doesn't find any major bugs).
QuoteGood afternoon, fellow Kerbonauts!

We continue to make good headway on performance improvements and bug squashing. In fact, we managed to sneak a few additional fixes into the first patch, including a fairly high-impact resource flow optimization. We also fixed the "Kraken drive" bug that created insane reverse thrust when an engine's nozzle was obstructed - so if you're working on a Kraken ship, the "unique" physics on which it depends are about to go away forever. We may not in fact have killed the Kraken yet, but we have definitely stubbed its tentacle.

As to the timing of Patch One... QA is thoroughly testing the build right now, and as soon as they give us a thumbs-up, we'll release it. Right now, our goal is to release that patch next Thursday (March 16th). Provided QA does not uncover any show-stopping bugs over the next few days, that date should hold. If they do run into something unexpected that needs to be fixed, that date will slip.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/954850/view/3677790625553997660?l=english
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Redwolf

Quote from: steve58 on March 16, 2023, 02:12:27 PMFirst patch is available.

Patch Notes

Developer Update

Hah!

Imagine a list of fixes like this coming from battlefront.com for a CMx2 game :(

Sigwolf

Quote from: Redwolf on March 16, 2023, 02:38:48 PM

Patch Notes

Developer Update

Hah!

Imagine a list of fixes like this coming from battlefront.com for a CMx2 game :(
Well, on the bright side... if they did, they would charge 3x the price of the base game for the "update".  :outtahere:

Redwolf

Quote from: Sigwolf on March 17, 2023, 09:01:28 PM
Quote from: Redwolf on March 16, 2023, 02:38:48 PM

Patch Notes

Developer Update

Hah!

Well, on the bright side... if they did, they would charge 3x the price of the base game for the "update".  :outtahere:

I would happily pay that for a good chunk of CMx2 bugfixes. No other way to get them :D