FoG:Emp team multiplayer ALPINE WALL vers 3: running!

Started by JasonPratt, December 01, 2019, 02:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I just made peace with Helvetii.  I need to take out Gallii.  They have two of my Objectives.  Just can't afford to have war at opposite ends of my empire.  Defending Rome takes precedence.  I just spent 100 Legacy Points to Emergency Levy troops to my capitol.  Hopefully my infrastructure can handle paying for them.  Pretty sure it's this game, but, it may not be.  I'm in three of them and each is a different country in almost the same space.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

Understandable. I would have preferred not to go to war with them either, but they DoW'd me (and thus us all), so...

I may try to peace out with the Chesks if they're still offering, but I'm unsure if the game would allow me to defend Ysk's region if I did.  :(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Due to Mom having had a small stroke back on Saturday, she'll be in rehab for at least two weeks, and not back to work for at least three, so my workload has jumped RATHER SHARPLY to say the least. ;) (Including double-extra training for the new owners of our family's small factory, who are not remotely ready to take the wheel yet.)

This currently won't affect two of my FoG:Emp multiplayer games, including this one. But I'm sending an alert that this could potentially happen later. (I'll be resigning from Devoncorps' mp game, but that one is almost finished anyway; and some other timeclocked mp games.)

(Also won't affect my Barbarian Arise mp game, yet.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Yskonyn

I appreciate the heads-up, Jason. Sounds like you have some managing and most likely some rough weather ahead, but you'll get through! We'll be here regardless, so don't worry about the games. Real life obviously has priority. Take care!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

I may have to run my turn before I hear back (I've got less than a day, and I'll likely be out of pocket all day tomorrow and tomorrow night with work and then Mom at the hospital).

But since I have a slight excess in metal right now, if anyone would like some let me know!

JasonPratt

Crikey, everything's a boiling mess now!  :D

Re Rome's new superstack: we can't fight that, Speedy (yet, MD is on the way), but we may be able to chase down the weak Celtic army, if we get a turn for my troops to re-establish.

Re Celticbase: I've got a mess of Celtic rebels in my backfield that someone (possibly me) needs to deal with pronto; part of my force is heading over to my final remaining Rhaeti region to defend that, so maybe that problem will sort-of take care of itself. My mountain assault army (which is frankly not balanced well for mountains, but I can only use what I've got) has finished out the SuperGermy province (for whatever that's worth), and is on the way eastward to the first nearby Rhaeti alpine region. BUT, assuming that works okay, we can head south next turn for a joint attack with the Aedui on the Celtic home base.

My Semen allies (....I really don't know how to spell their names) have been mooching off me in the backfield, but they managed to spawn an emergency army back in, on top of their former capital, taking that back from the Celts. Hopefully the AI will do something intelligent that won't ruin us: they shouldn't attack us anyway, but they may decide to camp out and eat our food. Worse would be if they go after regions which should belong to one of us, since I'm in no position to negotiate much with them. They may become enemies soon -- but I hope they consolidate their armies before then, or we'll have an enemy army in our backfield again!  #:-)

Rome is a big problem, especially for Speedy over in Dalmatia, but we'll have to team up some forces to kick them out together, and then transact regions back over to Dalmatia (or to whomever).

I can't even begin to parse what's happening with Ysk and Tuna up there! -- hope y'all are sorting things out! Not least because any help on The Wall would be appreciated.  :dreamer:

MetalDog

I am besieging a third Celticii Region.  My relief army is moving into one Rhaeti region to join my besieging army.  If we can get out of that, I will head east.  As an aside, your Senones keep raiding my capitol, JP.  Probably best to keep them as a Client for right now, but, I am going to whoop the dog out of them when this is over.

JasonPratt

The problem is that they aren't a client. I have tried to no avail. You have my full permission to destroy them as they die (as long as you have someone nearby to deal with any secondary army in my backfield.)

JasonPratt

Okay, let's see:

Re Celtica: since Ysk's Marcos were able to nix the rampaging indie Celts in my backfield, I'm redirecting my Rhaeti Reclamation Force to go help with the siege of Celticii's capital region. Relatedly, I've set up a way for Ysk to transfer the recovered Rhaeti area back to my control at his convenience.

Re Semones: I've canceled my alliance with them, which will eject them from hanging out in my lands eating my food; MD's Aedui can War on them at your convenience. Relatedly, I see you've got a good stack waiting to hit them in my SuperGermy province capital. I recommend you right click on them to follow them around and whack them!

Re recovering Rhaeti province: I've got a developing heavy stack with support setting up behind the mountains to travel through and get my plains back. Heavies stumble in mountain and forest terrain, so they aren't very useful most places around here! -- but I'm looking ahead to transition them over down south to help rebuff Rome eventually, once I find a good way for them to cross the alps.

Re Rome: Speedy in Dalmatia is in a bad situation, with his capital sieged by a decent Roman stack, while another Roman stack hangs out nearby too strong to ignore and also too strong for us to beat yet. The local Celtic stack bounced off us, and I sort of recommend we continue camping in this region together for mutual security for a while until help arrives. We can't save your capital, I'm afraid, but we may be able to avenge and reclaim it, if we can hold out five or six more years/turns. Our alliance is pulling together an Avenger team in that direction, which should be strong enough for us to throw Rome completely out, hand your regions back over, and then... well, ideally we need to get rid of Rome as a power altogether, but probably we'll try to sue for peace for a while so we can all recover and start up again later.

JasonPratt

Hm, Tuna (Bohemia) just realized that Ysk (Marcomanni) went idle. Hope he's personally doing okay! -- but even an allied AI can screw with us badly in our plans to recover and stabilize our alpine wall (front and back) and help Dalmatia.

Yskonyn

I am ok and back at the helm!  >:D

I am sorry, but work has been crazy these past two weeks with the Corona chaos. I see my handover to the AI caused some... interesting developments... sorry. :)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

No problem, just glad you're safe! -- and the AI did all right, nothing we can't easily adjust with a human at the controls.  O:-)

Speedy

Ok so Rome just offered peace demanding I disband 90% of my army and relinquish my objective in Savus.
I'm going to accept as if I understand the new mechanism correctly I should get all the territory they have taken back.

MetalDog

I have not been in that situation so I can neither confirm or deny that.  Anyone else have some insight?  Or is the deed already done and Speedy can tell us?

JasonPratt

As far as I have been able to tell, such things will NOT get all your territory back. It just keeps them from being harassed for ten turns while they consolidate your new territory, and it keeps them from harassing you since they can't attack you farther and take more of your territory for a while.