FoG:Emp team multiplayer ALPINE WALL vers 3: running!

Started by JasonPratt, December 01, 2019, 02:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Say, MD, before you drop out of your games, could you hop in one more time to distribute your regions and provinces to other players?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MetalDog

I can give it a shot.  Not sure how successful I will be, but I'll try.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Eh, well, MD has gone to idle with the AI in control, and no regions or provinces parceled out, so we're even more on our own now. He's definitely the winner in strength among us, although currently Dalmatia (Speedy) is #1 of all factions on Legacy!  :clap:

Ysk, I recommend you follow into my regions (where there's more food for your troops) into Vindalacia, where we'll be in position to team up on the superstack currently murdering Tuna's Bohemia.

Tuna, you should bring your own stack down south nearby, where we can all get in on the stomp together, and put an end to this nonsense, get you your regions back, and then turn around to mow up the remaining Celtic rebel regions to get Ysk his regions back.

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Speedy

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 28, 2020, 09:01:03 PM
although currently Dalmatia (Speedy) is #1 of all factions on Legacy!  :clap:

Quick call the game, I win!

JasonPratt

Poor Tuna's land fell apart again under rebels.  :'( And the Bois have now taken almost all of Rhaeti, except for the parts taken by MD's former Aedui. ;) At least the Aeduian superstate is allied with us, but without being able to really reason with someone in charge there we could have a fatal number of problems dogpiling us that can't be resolved.

Still, I'm trying to get rid of the local Bois superstack and take back one area anyway; then help Ysk.

JasonPratt

Lololol! -- the Bois superstack decided they didn't want to live anymore, and has committed delayed suicide by invading the Aeudi!  :2funny:

I'll delay as long as I can (the turn just started), but Ysk, can you get your stack over to Hercynia (or however it's spelled), your former capital, in one turn? If so, we can team up and put the stomp on the withering celtic rebel stack there who has been mismanaging your region. Once that's done, we can mop your other regions back in, and then turn to helping Tuna (who has a little more land to trade for time).

Yskonyn

I already did one unsuccessful attack. Their garrison is 25 odd strong.
Due to food problem I shifted my stack SW.
Perhaps I can still make it in one turn otherwise it'll be 2.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Quote from: Yskonyn on May 06, 2020, 01:43:52 AM
I already did one unsuccessful attack. Their garrison is 25 odd strong.
Due to food problem I shifted my stack SW.
Perhaps I can still make it in one turn otherwise it'll be 2.

Let's call it 2 turns then to be safe. So you can move into position this turn, and then next turn we'll send marching orders to go in together.

Yskonyn

Ok this coming turn I can move. Turn after that I can attack.

JasonPratt

Just ended my turn (clock rolls over tomorrow sometime). I'm poised and ready to go -- though the Aedui AI may beat us to it! (Or may collapse upon the Bois like a black hole of vengeance, leaving us to deal with your rebels.)

Tuna is reconquering his area pretty well, good job!

If you're having trouble with some regions of a whole province, Tuna, hand them over to one of us to manage for a while, so they won't drag down your other efforts, and then once we've gotten them stabilized we'll hand them back. (I've done this for Blucher/Comte in the other Grogheads game, Barbarians Arise, and after the second time he hasn't had any problems in those areas since.)

Yskonyn

JasonPratt

Man, your force got mauled, Ysk.

Fortunately (sort of?) the enemy split off a force to go raid land from Tuna before we arrived. So while your side soaked a lot of damage, we whittled down the rebels to the point where I feel relatively confident sending my troops in again this turn. You might need to rest tho! (Obviously if I win, I'll hand over the region asap.)

JasonPratt

Okay, so -- I know Tuna (Bohemia) is in bad shape, and Ysk (Marcomen) is even worse. Unsure about Speedy (Dalmatia), I forgot to scroll over there this past turn.

At this point, as previously noted, our only hope to survive and thrive as a group is to become client states of Rome asap. We can always rebel against Rome later once we repair our situations, and we don't even have to send them tribute or whatever. It just limits some of our diplomatic options.

BUT -- if anyone would rather ripcord out instead, I totally understand.  O:-) All I ask is that you donate your regions and resources to other players before you go. The fastest way would be to do a transaction where you offer to absorb your nation into another player's; that way that player gets everything including your current troops (though I'm unsure he'll get all your resources, so manually send those over, too.) This is the simplest way, but the drawback is only one other player gets to benefit, and it might be fairer to spread out the wealth. (Note that it may not be possible to send anything to me because I'm a client state right now! -- especially if you're at war with Rome.)