Field of Glory: Empires

Started by -budd-, November 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

That might depend on how the Bactrian camel was flying past. Which might also count points toward a parade being weird.

Quote from: devoncop on July 18, 2019, 08:22:36 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 18, 2019, 07:02:47 PM
How could it possibly be 'better than before?'

This time BOTH types of camels and a Parade of hot Sabaean Princesses will be present ?

Insert animated Aladdin parade gif here.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

devoncop

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 19, 2019, 06:54:30 AM
That might depend on how the Bactrian camel was flying past. Which might also count points toward a parade being weird.

Quote from: devoncop on July 18, 2019, 08:22:36 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 18, 2019, 07:02:47 PM
How could it possibly be 'better than before?'

This time BOTH types of camels and a Parade of hot Sabaean Princesses will be present ?

Insert animated Aladdin parade gif here.

:crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

al_infierno

Has anyone figured out a reliable counter-camel tactic?  i.e. good units or army comps that will stop an AI's camel stack?  I swear those humped bastards are the bane of me, they mop the floor with my heavy infantry and equivalent cavalry.

I also can't believe I'm seriously asking for "counter-camel tactics"...  Damn I love this game  :2funny:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

besilarius

Camels can be really sneaky.
In Brazen Chariots, a british armoured brigade was going into lager, when they got the message, "Forty enemy tanks approaching from the north."
Naturally, everyone started going nuts, preparing for an Afrika Korps attack, when another radio message came in, "Correct my last, forty enemy camels approaching from the north."
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Gusington

'Spearmen, bruh, spearmen.'

- Alexander the Great

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Those smug bastards walk all over my regular infantry and phalanxes.  Perhaps Carthage just is not well-equipped to deal with such an advanced weapon of war.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

They are sneaky. They like to hide behind the Elephants, then charge when you look the other way.  #:-) I used to work with a camel and he taught me this trick.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Father Ted

Just watch out for their toes...

besilarius

Charlton Heston once told Johnny Carson that in his experience, camels were the most dangerous animal to work with.
They'd smile at you and then try to bite your knee off.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Sir Slash

I agree. I rode one in Israel and have teeth like T-Rex and can turn their head around almost 360 degrees.  :o  Plus, they HATE Hump Day jokes.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I thought they loved hump day jokes...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on July 22, 2019, 08:03:04 PM
I thought they loved humping day jokes...

Fixed your autocorrect error.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That's just on TV. They also can spit from both ends. They're SO ugly, each one has to be blindfolded in order to breed with each other. Even drunk.