Main Menu

Steam Monikers

Started by Bison, October 29, 2012, 08:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keunert

keunert_the_man
and i own one game already.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

LongBlade

Quote from: Keunert on November 17, 2012, 12:22:37 PM
keunert_the_man
and i own one game already.

You are an officer and a madman.

Friend request sent.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Keunert

request granted, my friend.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

LongBlade

Quote from: Keunert on November 17, 2012, 03:17:56 PM
request granted, my friend.

Cool. Invite to GrogHeads group sent.

jejo68

im really hard to find.
I will spell it slowly       jejo68
;D

Boggit

Mine is "The_Real_Boggit", after some fanboi nicked me moniker >:( :P - but I'm hardly ever posting on Steam :-X
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Arctic Blast

Quote from: jejo68 on December 11, 2012, 07:23:38 AM
im really hard to find.
I will spell it slowly       jejo68
;D

Actually, I'm getting 2 profiles when I put that in. Looks like you created a separate Wargamer one?

Anyway, I sent a friend invite to the regular one.  ;D

Marty Ward

I have a general Steam question. Can you get an alert on a specific game if it goes on sale? How?
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

Quote from: Marty Ward on January 14, 2013, 06:33:23 PM
I have a general Steam question. Can you get an alert on a specific game if it goes on sale? How?

You can make a wishlist of games you want to track and check it occassionally.  I'm not sure that Steam has an email notification method.  At least I don't remember it having one.

LongBlade

Every few days Steam will pop an advert up with some offers in a half window.

Just now after exiting a game I saw two games for sale, one was Aliens: Colonial Marines. It wasn't on sale per se since it isn't out yet, but it has a pre-order phat loot of some kind of special weapon.

You can also hit their store and they'll typically let you know if something is discounted.

Arctic Blast

Easiest thing to do is just hit the store page and check the See All Specials page over on the right hand side.

W8taminute

Quote from: Arctic Blast on January 15, 2013, 01:12:28 AM

Easiest thing to do is just hit the store page and check the See All Specials page over on the right hand side.

This is the one thing I don't like about STEAM.  In Gamersgate I can set any game to alert me via email when it goes on sale.  From a consumer point of view that feature is awesome.  From a vendor point of view it is not because it encourages people to wait for sales on tracked items.  STEAM would rather suck your money out of your pocket at full price because you can't auto track game sales.  They are not counting on the customer to be intelligent enough to patiently wait and monitor STEAM manually on any given game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Marty Ward

^ That is more what I was hoping they had for Steam. Guess I'll just have to check it more often.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Arctic Blast

Quote from: W8taminute on January 16, 2013, 02:07:58 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on January 15, 2013, 01:12:28 AM

This is the one thing I don't like about STEAM.  In Gamersgate I can set any game to alert me via email when it goes on sale.  From a consumer point of view that feature is awesome.  From a vendor point of view it is not because it encourages people to wait for sales on tracked items.  STEAM would rather suck your money out of your pocket at full price because you can't auto track game sales.  They are not counting on the customer to be intelligent enough to patiently wait and monitor STEAM manually on any given game.

I do agree that some sort of notice when something on your wishlist is marked down would be nice. But if the customer doesn't want to wait, that's 100% on the customer.

Grim.Reaper

I think using sales tracking sites like below makes it much easier to notice sales across most major download vendors

http://www.deals4downloads.com/#/f/gp__pc--pst__coregames/s/hot/page/1