CKIII meets Game of Thrones

Started by bobarossa, December 15, 2021, 02:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobarossa

Great Houses of Caldera announced and should enter Early Access next year.

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/great-houses-of-calderia-grand-strategy-game

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1812910/Great_Houses_of_Calderia/

"Described as Crusader Kings III meets Game of Thrones, Great Houses of Calderia puts you at the helm of your very own house. Instead of focusing on a single character, the game tasks you with managing your whole family comprised of unique characters that can act of their own volition during your reign."

al_infierno

Isn't Crusader Kings itself already Crusader Kings meets Game of Thrones?  How is this game different exactly?

That said it'd be cool to see them give Paradox a run for their money if they knock this out of the park.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

bobarossa

I think there may be fantasy elements in it but it wasn't clear.

Grim.Reaper

This is releasing tomorrow in a pre early access state from their web site.  Seems interesting enough to try.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1812910/Great_Houses_of_Calderia/

Gusington

:Dreamer:

Just reading the most up to date info on the page and it sounds very good. There is even 'tactical combat'.

But I will need to wait until it is out of pre-early access, at least.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on July 19, 2023, 07:12:42 PM:Dreamer:

Just reading the most up to date info on the page and it sounds very good. There is even 'tactical combat'.

[/
Quote from: Gusington on July 19, 2023, 07:12:42 PM:Dreamer:

Understandable.  I figured I might as well jump in since seems will be cheaper at $20 now as I assume it will be more when it makes its way to early access and eventual release, which good bet I would buy anyways:)  Sounds like the discount will be roughly 25% of release.  Before I do, I want to see how this will work and how they will make this version available, through steam or some kind of special version outside of it.

Gusington

I definitely want to see how the tactical combat works.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd