Sea Power: Naval Combat in the Missile Age

Started by Jarhead0331, December 18, 2019, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Julhelm on December 19, 2019, 04:43:14 AM
If you guys want more, I'll be happy to post more stuff in the thread as we make it happen, as well as answer any questions of course.

Silly man, we want it all!  Anything!  Everything!

And thank you!

mbar

Oh yeah I'm interested. How many games like this since Fleet Command? Ahhhhhh...............Naval War: Arctic Circle? If you don't mind sitting for 2 to 3 hours to finish a mission because it can't save a game. CMANO? Got time for a PhD in War Studies?

IronX

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Sir Slash

Ditto. And I don't even like modern stuff.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: mbar on December 19, 2019, 09:07:50 AM
Oh yeah I'm interested. How many games like this since Fleet Command? Ahhhhhh...............Naval War: Arctic Circle? If you don't mind sitting for 2 to 3 hours to finish a mission because it can't save a game. CMANO? Got time for a PhD in War Studies?

My thoughts exactly.  We're desperate for games like this!

jamus34

Quote from: Huw the Poo on December 19, 2019, 02:07:15 PM
Quote from: mbar on December 19, 2019, 09:07:50 AM

My thoughts exactly.  We're desperate for games like this!

Like a poor collage student at a free all you can eat buffet.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

I'm with Slash on this...usually I don't like modern settings either but this just looks...SNAPPY

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Why don't we have a, 'SNAPPY' emote?  :timeout:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 19, 2019, 03:25:13 PM
Why don't we have a, 'SNAPPY' emote?  :timeout:

Because every time I try to add or change something to the forum, it breaks, costing me hundreds of dollars to fix and many sleepless nights.

I've decided to leave well enough alone for now.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Xaron

Hi all,

just wanted to step in and take the opportunity to say hello. I'm the one who is doing the coding part of our game. Thanks for the warm and hearty welcome. Seems to be a lovely place which makes me wonder why I didn't find it earlier actually. ;)

Yskonyn

Welcome Xaron!
We do have some looneys here, but they won't bite... mostly.  O:-)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 22, 2019, 03:05:50 PM

We do have some looneys here, but they won't bite... mostly.  O:-)

I resemble that remark.   

But, yes, welcome Xaron!  We all like your games here so we'll hold off on speaking of loins and dongles for now.   

Well, no we won't. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Huw the Poo

Hi Xaron!  Your game looks lush.  Release soon pls.