UK military contract with Slitherine

Started by jomni, July 31, 2019, 11:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Admiral

Yes (even though it features a Combat Mission screenshot, not sure how Battlefront feels about this - but not easy to blame the government for not knowing what they just bought, is it  ::) )

Here's another report, which at least features a CMANO screenshot, which seems a tad bit more relevant, although obviously it's a rehash of the original MoD communique
https://www.mcvuk.com/war-games-developer-slitherine-signs-1-5m-contract-to-make-wargaming-tools-based-on-its-strategy-games/

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

jomni

Quote from: The_Admiral on July 31, 2019, 11:42:15 PM
Yes (even though it features a Combat Mission screenshot, not sure how Battlefront feels about this - but not easy to blame the government for not knowing what they just bought, is it  ::) )

Here's another report, which at least features a CMANO screenshot, which seems a tad bit more relevant, although obviously it's a rehash of the original MoD communique
https://www.mcvuk.com/war-games-developer-slitherine-signs-1-5m-contract-to-make-wargaming-tools-based-on-its-strategy-games/

Well the vid did show them using Flashpoint.

Con

Inquiring minds want to know the government policy on dongles

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Con on August 01, 2019, 08:18:33 AM

Our government's policy on all storage devices is to eventually leave them on the seat of a train to be lost or stolen.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

A Canadian Cat

Quote from: The_Admiral on July 31, 2019, 11:42:15 PM
They seem OK with that since they are also involved in the project. Checkout this from Steve at BFC:http://community.battlefront.com/topic/135488-online-magazine-posted-bfs-game-screenshot/?tab=comments#comment-1797056

Sir Slash

Does this mean we qualify as Field Marshalls in the British Army? Cause I want some of that bling on my shirts.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 01, 2019, 02:38:42 PM
Does this mean we qualify as Field Marshalls in the British Army? Cause I want some of that bling on my shirts.  :bd:

Field Marshal The Right Honourable Sir Slash KG, KP, GCB, OM, GCSI, GCMG, GCIE, PC does have a certain ring to it I'll give you that  :)
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Toonces

Quote from: Con on August 01, 2019, 08:18:33 AM

Whatever happened to RyanE?  I don't recall seeing him around in a while.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MOS:96B2P

Some interesting quotes from Steve at BFC about BFC's involvement in the contract:

Yes, we are working on a customized version of Combat Mission for use within the British military establishment.

And BFC has had a contract with the New Zealand military for awhile:

For NZ we did not modify the game engine at all.  Just TO&E, models, and textures.

Link below:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/135488-online-magazine-posted-bfs-game-screenshot/

Sir Slash

Wait until the Brits try to install their upgrades.... Sorry, just too easy to resist. "Bad Slash, Bad, Bad, Slash"!  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Con

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 01, 2019, 10:25:43 PM
Wait until the Brits try to install their upgrades.... Sorry, just too easy to resist. "Bad Slash, Bad, Bad, Slash"!  :hug:
In the same sense of humor does Brexit mean they will have to get a second license and email Elvis on the grog board for tech help on the modules