Perseverance - Nerd Superbowl is On! Gametime 3:30 pm EST

Started by ArizonaTank, February 18, 2021, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Quote from: steve58 on February 19, 2021, 05:15:42 PM
Frickin incredible.  Finally a plus for 2021.   O0

Suddenly feeling an urge to run off and fire up Kerbal Space Program to try (:2funny:) to duplicate a skycrane rover mission.

+1  I vote we officially started 2021 yesterday.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

It's pretty amazing, can't wait for the high def video and pictures on Monday.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

I think I can see the face of Jar Jar Binks in the rock formations in front of the Rover. It-sa NOT pretty.  ;D  Seriously, great time to be alive and watching. Imagine what the old Explorers/Astronauts would think of what we've done.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

ArizonaTank

"Ingenuity" the drone helicopter is the part I am most stoked about.  Ingenuity has checked in as 'good to go'.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/news/mars-helicopter-ingenuity-first-status-update/
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

Gusington

I can't remember which astronaut I saw on the news but he was also nerdgasming at the drone helicopter a few days ago.

LOL at the pic above, SDR. Epic!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Quote from: ArizonaTank on February 20, 2021, 11:01:00 AM
"Ingenuity" the drone helicopter is the part I am most stoked about.  Ingenuity has checked in as 'good to go'.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/news/mars-helicopter-ingenuity-first-status-update/

I'm also very interested in Ingenuity.  It has been deployed to the Mars surface and has made it through it's first Martian night.

First flight will be no earlier than April 11.   :bd:

https://www.cnet.com/news/see-the-first-mars-color-photo-snapped-by-nasas-ingenuity-helicopter/

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/world/mars-helicopter-ingenuity-nasa-rotorcraft-scn-trnd/index.html
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"

steve58

1st flight postponed again, due to a software glitch.

Now, the Ingenuity team has said a solution to the problem has been found, but it means they have to reinstall the little helicopter's flight software.

This means the test flight date must be pushed back again by an unknown number of days. NASA is aiming to set a new date next week.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/nasas-mars-ingenuity-helicopter-first-flight-postponed-indefinitely/ar-BB1fBznA

solops

Glitch. Yeah. Right. They don't have the balls to admit that they cannot get flight plan approval from Mars Air Control for an unlicensed, rickety foreign drone.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

steve58

Looks like Perseverance and Ingenuity may get has some company in a few daysChina Mars Rover to Land Between Saturday and Wednesday  China now says Mars Rover has Landed