(FINISHED) King Grogspocalypse III: Wars of Religion [Dominions 5]

Started by al_infierno, January 20, 2021, 10:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Biddyn would be fine by me, but I also wouldn't mind trying a vanilla mapgen map since it tailors the number of regions to the number of players.  We could use fixed starts and agree on a generated map like we did last time.  If that's too much trouble though, Biddyn is fine by me.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Myrmidon

I'm good either way on the map.  Mapnuke did release an update that upgraded the textures, so it's a little easier on the eyes, but I'm fine with a rando genned map too.

Just throwing out a feeler here.... if I chose to give Lemuria a try, would that tick off anyone? I'll avoid it if it does, but I'd love to give it a go.

TheMeInTeam

Lemuria wouldn't anger me, but I'd still definitely coalition you at first opportunity and encourage every other player to do so as well :).  Like Sceleria, it's one of those nations that just runs away too easily and needs to stop existing sooner than later for any other player to have a chance.

Myrmidon

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on April 18, 2021, 02:32:24 PM
Lemuria wouldn't anger me, but I'd still definitely coalition you at first opportunity and encourage every other player to do so as well :).  Like Sceleria, it's one of those nations that just runs away too easily and needs to stop existing sooner than later for any other player to have a chance.

I totally understand, and yeah, that's what a Lemuria player is signing up for.  Unlike my first Sceleria game, I've got a lot more games under my hat now, and I've got enough good games going that I won't be butt hurt like last time if I get dog-piled. 

Plus, it would be a nice contrast with my EA Arco game, where I just turtled and turtled....

Tanaka

Just now seeing this again. Message me if I miss anything important. Fine with either of those map choices as well...

al_infierno

I think we were leaning towards using Clockwork Hounds on Discord to host the server this time since it's a bit more convenient than Llamaserver.  I've PMed everyone with details about joining.  I went with Biddyn for now, but if someone wants to play a water nation we can switch up the map setting - nothing is set in stone until the game starts.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

al_infierno

I got a 6th player off Discord to fill out our game a bit.  He's a pretty solid player, but not a member here so any comms with him will have to be through Discord.  His username on Discord is lich#6666

- MengJiao

Myrmidon

Quote from: al_infierno on April 21, 2021, 10:17:18 PM
I got a 6th player off Discord to fill out our game a bit.  He's a pretty solid player, but not a member here so any comms with him will have to be through Discord.  His username on Discord is lich#6666

Sounds like he should be playing Lemuria....  ;D

al_infierno

- MengJiao

Tanaka

Quote from: al_infierno on April 21, 2021, 04:53:17 PM
Here's the latest list of players and the latest nations people expressed interest in playing.  This is not final and anyone is free to switch nations up until we start the game.

al_infierno: Pangaea
TheMeInTeam: Caelum
Myrmidon: Lemuria
Tanaka: Phlegra
Ajidica: Man

I think we were leaning towards using Clockwork Hounds on Discord to host the server this time since it's a bit more convenient than Llamaserver.  I've PMed everyone with details about joining.  I went with Biddyn for now, but if someone wants to play a water nation we can switch up the map setting - nothing is set in stone until the game starts.

Thanks for setting this all up. Submitted!

Ajidica

Oooff, looks like the poor Humans of Man will be on their lonesome own against the monstrosities of the world!

I'm out most of tomorrow (Saturday) so I'll get my pretender submitted Sunday.

Myrmidon

Quote from: Ajidica on April 23, 2021, 10:08:55 PM
Oooff, looks like the poor Humans of Man will be on their lonesome own against the monstrosities of the world!

I'm out most of tomorrow (Saturday) so I'll get my pretender submitted Sunday.

Lemuria is 100% human too.   Just been dead for awhile, that's all....

Ajidica

Getting a pretender down has been a bit trickier for me than I intended, especially as I underestimated how tricky LA indies can be. I'm not sure how many people have submitted a pretender yet, so if it is okay with everyone I'd like to take another day or two to figure out scales/bless/chassis/expansion. Running 6 players on Biddyn might get a bit tighter than usual, so I want to make sure I get expansion confident.

al_infierno

No problem, that's fine.  We can also change the map to Peliwyr or a mapgen if we want a bit more room.

- MengJiao

al_infierno

We have another person from Discord interested in joining (Tien Chi), so I decided to switch over to the random mapgen instead of Biddyn.  We're at 7 players now!

Final player list:

al_infierno: Pangaea
TheMeInTeam: Caelum
Myrmidon: Lemuria
Tanaka: Phlegra
Ajidica: Man
Lich (discord): Agartha
rudboi (discord): Tien Chi

- MengJiao