Main Menu

2017 Baseball Thread

Started by Bison, February 07, 2017, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Don't they suffer enough already watching soccer?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

here's a chuckle for Bison...

https://theringer.com/sports-mlb-trade-deadline-guide-giancarlo-stanton-boston-red-sox-db3131638b2c

QuoteIn 2014, the Royals rode a starting rotation of James Shields, Yordano Ventura, and "we'll figure out the rest later" to Game 7 of the World Series because they could call on five knockout relievers to pitch as many as six innings a night.

great description of their rotation

also this nugget from later in the same article, about Philly

Quotewith a big league roster that has some interesting young pitchers but produces fewer runs than a truckload of hard-boiled eggs
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

The Royals bullpen is not good.  The article was also correct that the Royals are going to lose a number of players this off-season.  It's the sad reality that should secure the bottom of the AL Central for a few seasons and possibly decades. :(

mirth

Red Sox are damn lucky they have Chris Sale.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

Royals picked up some decent relief pitchers from the Padres. 

mirth

I'm actually looking for the Sox/Royals this weekend. Farrell could be out of a job by the end of it.

Bison

Quote from: mirth on July 27, 2017, 10:41:30 AM
I'm actually looking for the Sox/Royals this weekend. Farrell could be out of a job by the end of it.

This is how it begins.  First you develop an interest in having the manager shit canned.  And then you realize that baseball is a civilized sport unlike that Neanderthal ballgame known as football.   Its cute that Mirth is a Red Sox fan.  Red Sox fans are only slightly more annoying than Cubs fans, but much less annoying than Yankees fans. 

mirth

I am not a Sox fan. If you want to survive in New England, you have to be able to talk a little baseball.

Bison

Quote from: mirth on July 27, 2017, 02:49:47 PM
I am not a Sox fan. If you want to survive in New England, you have to be able to talk a little baseball.

Sure, sure.  Beantowner.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on July 27, 2017, 02:50:55 PM
Quote from: mirth on July 27, 2017, 02:49:47 PM

Sure, sure.  Beantowner.

Now you're just being insulting.

mirth

I guess a Royals sweep was too much to hope for. Farrell's on borrowed time though.

bayonetbrant

Royals picked up Melky Cabrera...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Royals gonna win the World Series

MetalDog

And need Yankee catsoffs to do it?  Figures.  Say what you will, it all comes back to the Yankees in the end.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on July 30, 2017, 06:02:54 PM
And need Yankee catsoffs to do it?  Figures.  Say what you will, it all comes back to the Yankees in the end.

Sad...so sad.