Main Menu

2017 Baseball Thread

Started by Bison, February 07, 2017, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on July 30, 2017, 06:02:54 PM
And need Yankee catsoffs to do it?

what's a "catsoff"?  is that related somehow to "doggon"?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Damnit!  Not as sharp as I used to be.  My point is still the same though.  If you think someone who played at some point in their career for the Yanks is going to bring some of that Pinstripe magic to your sh*t team, guess again.  Usually only works when they COME to the Yanks. :P
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

A Yankee Bitch in the Deep South.... Fascinating
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

It'll be interesting how Yost decides to use Melky Cabrera.  Replace Gordon in LF who has had a shitty year at the plate but is still a stellar fielder or replace Moss as the DH.  Moss hasn't had a great hitting season, but better than Gordon.  I suspect he'll become the new regular DH and do some platooning in LF with Gordon.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Agreed.  Seen from the outside, I totally sympathize with Bartman.  Seen from a diehard's perspective, I'm sure there were a lot of "F*ck that guy!," posts on Cubs fans social media.  Hope they see the gesture as a sign of healing and leave dude be.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

Go Boston!  Beat Cleveland.

mirth

Bison

MetalDog

airboy

My wife is suffering through the Phillies rebuilding period.  The Cards sort of stink this year.  No baseball love here.

Bison

Isn't rebuilding basically a normal season for the Phillies?

airboy

Quote from: Bison on July 31, 2017, 09:31:12 PM

She started following them right before they got good with Kruk, Dystra, Schilling, etc...... 
But I sometimes call them the "goaties" as long as she can hear me but cannot immediately kick me.

Bison

Quote from: airboy on July 31, 2017, 09:55:43 PM
Quote from: Bison on July 31, 2017, 09:31:12 PM

She started following them right before they got good with Kruk, Dystra, Schilling, etc...... 
But I sometimes call them the "goaties" as long as she can hear me but cannot immediately kick me.

93 Phillies were a fun team to watch.  Unfortunately for them Joe Carter was clutch.