Spinnortality - Cyberpunk Managment Sim

Started by Ian C, February 02, 2019, 04:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian C

Looks interesting. Good reviews so far, good price.

Quote:

Found a powerful corporation. Use it to market horrific products, control the media, cause riots, crash stock markets, topple governments and become immortal.

In this 8-20 hour turn-based management game, you will:

Achieve immortality with cutting edge tech.
    Bribe politicians, spread fake news, rig elections.
    Research products such as metacritic for friendships, sentient social media and 'auto-career.' Market them so they're irresistible.
    Crash stock markets, trigger riots or topple governments.
    Determine humanity's future.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/822990/Spinnortality__cyberpunk_management_sim/

Huw the Poo

Jarhead0331

My concern is replayability. It seems story based and scripted in some ways, rather than open play sandbox. Same problem with Re-Legion that just came out. It's nine campaign missions with no skirmish or sandbox mode. Booo.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Hmm I thought there was a sandbox mode with Re-Legion. My bad...looking at its Steam page now looks like you're right, there is none. I hope they add one, eventually.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Ian C on February 02, 2019, 04:54:13 AM
Looks interesting. Good reviews so far, good price.

Quote:

Found a powerful corporation. Use it to market horrific products, control the media, cause riots, crash stock markets, topple governments and become immortal.

In this 8-20 hour turn-based management game, you will:

Achieve immortality with cutting edge tech.
    Bribe politicians, spread fake news, rig elections.
    Research products such as metacritic for friendships, sentient social media and 'auto-career.' Market them so they're irresistible.
    Crash stock markets, trigger riots or topple governments.
    Determine humanity's future.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/822990/Spinnortality__cyberpunk_management_sim/

So... a Soros-sim.   :2funny:

Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 02, 2019, 08:22:22 AM
My concern is replayability. It seems story based and scripted in some ways, rather than open play sandbox. Same problem with Re-Legion that just came out. It's nine campaign missions with no skirmish or sandbox mode. Booo.

Thanks, I now de-wish-listed Re-Legion.

Ian C

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 02, 2019, 08:22:22 AM
My concern is replayability. It seems story based and scripted in some ways, rather than open play sandbox.

I've played 2 hours so far and there is a running tutorial through it which is obviously scripted at points, but it's just to get you off the ground.