The Dog FRIDAYS Are Over!

Started by Jarhead0331, October 08, 2020, 11:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Wrapped up my trial today, so its time to relax a bit.

DCS, Star Citizen Alpha 3.11, ARMA 3, Steel Division II and Star Wars Squadrons...

Hope everyone gets a chance to take a break from our crazy little world and enjoy some gaming!

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Haven't gamed in a week. Hope to finish up Outlast, maybe some Total War: Warhammer, and perhaps Vampyre.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Myrmidon

Continuing through the MP Dominions 5 games I'm in, with some Stellaris mixed in.  It's going to be a wet weekend where I'm at, so perhaps I'll see a little more screen time than normal.

I'm finally all caught up with the Expanse, and am waiting for season 5 to come out.  Man, it's definitely one of the best sci-fi series, period.  Anybody remotely interested in the genre, with a very realistic and gritty depiction of humanity's expansion through the solar system and the problems that come with it will enjoy.

Gusington

^I can't believe The Expanse going on its fifth season already.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Myrmidon on October 09, 2020, 06:40:46 AM
I'm finally all caught up with the Expanse, and am waiting for season 5 to come out.  Man, it's definitely one of the best sci-fi series, period.  Anybody remotely interested in the genre, with a very realistic and gritty depiction of humanity's expansion through the solar system and the problems that come with it will enjoy.

A to the Men.  I think this is the one and only series I've sat down and actively watched in years - otherwise episodic TV can go pound sand in my opinion.

Gusington

^Try Peaky Blinders and Penny Dreadful.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 08, 2020, 11:03:15 PM
Wrapped up my trial today, so its time to relax a bit.

DCS, Star Citizen Alpha 3.11, ARMA 3, Steel Division II and Star Wars Squadrons...

Nice!  yeah...DCS and Steel Division maybe plus the usual Ultimate Admiral and boardgames and maybe some HLL and CLOD: Tobruk

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on October 09, 2020, 08:30:22 AM
^Try Peaky Blinders and Penny Dreadful.

Haven't seen Penny Dreadful, but Peaky's for sure.  They've got the "slow-mo cast walk toward the camera while shit blows up/burns behind them while bomb-ass music plays," down pat.

My issue with episodic TV is a personal one, but I just find it boring after a bit and feel like I could be doing something better with my time.  I'm fine watching sports, movies and the odd regular TV stuff here and there, but otherwise, I'd rather being "doing," something myself than passively watching other people do things, if that makes sense.  I'm an odd duck.

WYBaugh

I've read all of The Expanse books.   The show live up to the books?

Gusington

I hear you Carl, I've become more that way myself as I get older. I get fidgety. But if I am watching something of quality, then that happens less.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: WYBaugh on October 09, 2020, 09:31:45 AM
I've read all of The Expanse books.   The show live up to the books?

In my humble opinion, yes, the show lives up to the books.  It's not an exact copy of the books but the essentials elements, plots, characters, etc. are there.

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Sir Slash

Busy weekend having Hurricane Shutters installed, inspected, then taken down and stored. At some point I'll pay for them.  ;)   I like. 'Narcos' on Netflix though most of it is in Spanish with subtitles. Very Peaky Blinders-ish but based on actual events. Have a great weekend Grogs!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^I've heard good things about Narcos but have not seen it.

Peaky Blinders is based on real people and real events.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I did not know that. damn, there are/were Brits that crazy-mean?  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.