Merry Christmas

Started by Sir Slash, December 19, 2019, 11:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowenstaat

"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

Pete Dero

Jarhead0331

Wishing all of my Grogheads friends and your families a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

besilarius

Hope all my good buddy Grogs have a wonderful day and holiday season.
Would also like to give a kudo to Jarhead, Gus, and their crew.  Taking over the website can't have been easy.  I appreciate all you have done and tried to do.
Becoming Ringmaster for Amateur Night at the Circus is very brave.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: besilarius on December 24, 2019, 08:05:16 AM
Hope all my good buddy Grogs have a wonderful day and holiday season.
Would also like to give a kudo to Jarhead, Gus, and their crew.  Taking over the website can't have been easy.  I appreciate all you have done and tried to do.
Becoming Ringmaster for Amateur Night at the Circus is very brave.

Thanks for that.  :notworthy:

It hasn't been easy, but we wouldn't change a thing.  :smitten:

We look forward to bigger and better things in 2020 and we are glad to have each and every one of you guys with us!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Thank you Bes and thank you JH for really diving in and taking the reins here.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Yskonyn

Merry Christmas Groggies!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

besilarius

As any long haul trucker will tell you, the morning after is hell.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

jamus34

Merry Christmas all!!!

And to all a Groggy night!
Insert witty comment here.

MikeGER

Merry Christmas! Grogheads near and far  :hug:

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

May the Light on the Hill never go out, guys!  :notworthy:

(...uh, finale is very quickly NSFW.  :o )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

^ That was good, but the tidbit of punk at the end was better.  \m/

al_infierno

Merry Christmas, groggies   O:-)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

airboy

Quote from: Pete Dero on December 24, 2019, 04:51:05 AM

Thanks for posting this.  Dropkick Murphey's were the only major punk band we never saw during the 1990s-2000s.  Unfortunately, they were popular with the Atlanta area skinheads and their concerts often turned into riots.