Main Menu

Steam Winter Sale

Started by Labbug, December 19, 2019, 02:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bardolph

Quote from: Tripoli on January 02, 2020, 11:46:04 AM
Quote from: FlickJax on January 02, 2020, 11:19:23 AM
Opted for Gloomhaven so along with Darkest Dungeon that concludes my sales spending....

I'd be curious to hear what you think of Gloomhaven. I have the boxed game, but haven't played it yet.

I picked it up when it came out but refunded. It needed more time at that point. Seemed like they were heading in the right direction at least.
I too have the boardgame, and trays and sleeves, still unopened. Will pick up the PC version when they get the campaign in.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on January 02, 2020, 09:56:50 PM
How much did you pay - if you don't mind me asking...

100,000 Quatloos. 

Seriously, it was on steam $49.  I know Amazon has it for $44, and had it for as low as $33, but those were all for the console versions. 

My wife bought it for PS4 for $33 and is having a copy shipped.  I just wasn't willing to play it on console.  I'm liking it a lot on PC with ultrawide and a programmable gaming mouse.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Tuna

Opted for Gloomhaven so along with Darkest Dungeon that concludes my sales spending....

I'd be curious to hear what you think of Gloomhaven. I have the boxed game, but haven't played it yet.

Box version is awesome.. best if you have some friends that will take on characters and you can all campaign together!

Tripoli

Quote from: Tuna on January 03, 2020, 07:16:28 AM

Box version is awesome.. best if you have some friends that will take on characters and you can all campaign together!

Yeah, the board game  looks like it would be a lot of fun, especially it you played it with a little bit of alcohol: 2-3 shots max.  Any more than that, and comprehending the rules wold become difficult....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

Thanks D. Lowest I've seen the PC version is ~44...quinloons, at Green Man.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Come on, Gus, quinloos aren't an accepted unit of currency on Triskellion!

O0

Sir Slash

Only for scruffy-looking Nerf Herders.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

I picked up Command Modern Operations bundled with Tacview Advanced.  That's pretty much it...light spending holiday game-wise. 

House renovation-wise...not so much.   :-\
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Who you calling scruffy looking?

I am obsessed with getting Fallen Order now. But it's got to be the right price :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on January 03, 2020, 09:53:39 AM

O0

Isn't it quatloos?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Skoop

Discounted Tacview Advanced for Command, Red Dead Redemption and NBA2K2020 that I had Steam Gift cards to burn. 

Passed on Hell Let loose because I already have Post Scriptum and I just don't see my self delving into a WWII shooter in next 6 months...by then you could probably get it on sale with a bigger discount. 

I probably would have gotten the Jedi game if you could be the empire, maybe a dlc will have player as empire story line.

Barthheart

Quote from: W8taminute on January 03, 2020, 02:10:56 PM
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on January 03, 2020, 09:53:39 AM

O0

Isn't it quatloos?

O0  :nerd: