Take the FRIDAY Back

Started by WYBaugh, July 24, 2020, 08:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WYBaugh

Have a great weekend Grogs!

Jarhead0331

Can't say I agree with their politics, but man those fellas can really play. Saw Tom Morello in concert once with his band Street Sweeper Social Club. They opened for NIN and Jane's Addiction. Was one hell of a show.

Anyway, probably a mix of games for me this weekend.  Maybe some Star Citizen PTU 3.10, DCS, some testing of the new patches for Combat Mission titles, and who knows what else...

Everybody enjoy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

WYBaugh

I was just coming to post that I maybe shouldn't have used this song.  Had it stuck in my head this morning.

I agree with you JH, awesome band and I wasn't trying to make a political statement here.

If you want me to change it, just let me know.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: WYBaugh on July 24, 2020, 09:01:48 AM
I was just coming to post that I maybe shouldn't have used this song.  Had it stuck in my head this morning.

I agree with you JH, awesome band and I wasn't trying to make a political statement here.

Hell no, dude. Good music is good music.

Good pick.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

jamus34

I'm officially on vacation so the world is my oyster for games.

Looking to get some cardboard action going with my kids.

From the electronic standpoint continuing my Factorio run, some Satisfactory, maybe some Witcher 3/ AC odyssey. Might break down and pick up Ghosts of Tsushima too.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Love the Rage, also don't agree with their politics.

That said - Order of Battle Morning Sun has consumed my brain. I have been staying up 'til the wee hours of the morning - up to the fifth installment of the 11 in Morning Sun (Japanese invasion of China, late 1930s).

Also dabbling in Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China, mainly in dogfighting missions trying out different planes. Fun but quirky.

Also staring hesitantly at the icons for Outlast and Outlast 2 on my desktop. They beckon but I am afraid.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 24, 2020, 09:20:22 AM

Good pick.

LOL....the music made my ears bleed.  Sorry, just not my cup of tea.  :-\  Still gaming the last week's sale items from Tiller.  Specifically, Campaign Waterloo.

Anguille

Now that i finished the main campaign of Northgard, i will focus on the following games:

- My Philipp of Macedon campaign in Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece
- Play the tutorial of Imperiums: Greek Wars as Philipp of Macedon.
- Finish the campaign in Astra Exodus.

Have a nice weekend folks

MengJiao

Quote from: Rayfer on July 24, 2020, 10:23:28 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 24, 2020, 09:20:22 AM

Good pick.

LOL....the music made my ears bleed.  Sorry, just not my cup of tea.  :-\  Still gaming the last week's sale items from Tiller.  Specifically, Campaign Waterloo.

Tiller things sound good on top of a World of Warships and HLL weekend.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Anguille on July 24, 2020, 02:37:37 PM
Now that i finished the main campaign of Northgard, i will focus on the following games:

How is Astra Exodus progressing?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 24, 2020, 04:31:26 PM
Quote from: Anguille on July 24, 2020, 02:37:37 PM

How is Astra Exodus progressing?
Well, it is progessing and he works a lot on it. But i still find bugs. The game is playable and i do have fun with it but i would guess that bug fixing will still take somes weeks-months. If he keeps working on it like he's been doing the past few months, i am optimistic.

MetalDog

Quote from: WYBaugh on July 24, 2020, 08:01:25 AM

Have a great weekend Grogs!

Finally!  Someone who gets it!  FRIDAY in the title should ALWAYS replace a two syllable word!!!!  And Rage is boss!

Gaming will consist of Civ IV BtS mp, maybe continue my M2TW campaign as the Turks, and some dueling in the Arena.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

al_infierno

More Friday metal!   \m/

I've been deep in a Far Cry 2 binge lately.  It holds up surprisingly well despite its flaws, and with a realism mod it has a pretty intense knife's-edge survivalist feel to it.  The malaria mechanic can kiss my ass, though.

Aside from that, mostly juggling Dominions 5 online games plus offline expansion testing.  Deeply regretting EA Tien Chi with a dormant SC god in my latest online game.   #:-)

Oh, I picked up Outer Wilds and it's a lovely little space exploration game.  Highly recommended for people who liked Subnautica, but be warned there's no base building or resource gathering, but some limited character progression.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Myrmidon

Oh man!  I didn't think I'd ever see any Rage on this thread... their cover of Tom Joad is one of the best...

More Dominions 5 Multiplayer for me... strangely enough, I've also been drawn  back to the the 1995 DOS game Machiavelli, the Merchant Prince.  Nobody has ever really done an honest remake of it, although the Patrician and Port Royale series have a little of the flavor.  The game is as good as I remembered at as a teenager.

Other than that, I've slapped Linux on my CPU and am still getting used to it.  I'm liking it though.

Dammit Carl!

Spent all week in the heat out of town, and so, get to play Ceiling Light & Fan Home Installation 2020 as a reward.  Yaaaaay. :(