Reflections of a grumpy, middle-aged gamer

Started by Toonces, May 15, 2020, 07:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong DLC?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I know you're not going to believe this, but here goes:

When I was a civilian before I joined the Navy, I was totally on board with that sentiment.  At some point, when it was clear I wasn't going to get a jet assignment, and the rest of the folks in my cohort and I started talking about it, it was funny how the attitude changed.  Short version: a couple of months before I was up to select a platform, the Navy halted jet assecions due to a backlog (long story) so everyone was going props or helos.  So we talked about what was better: E-2 Hawkeye or C-2 COD?  Or P-3 Orion?  And what quickly became apparent to most was that, if you wanted to go E-2/C-2 pipeline, curiously the C-2 was the more in demand platform!  The idea was, you got all the benefits of being a carrier qualified hook, but then also got all the benefits of being land-based with the booze, hookers, and per-diem.  It was win-win!

Rubber plane of dog shit out of Hong Kong?  Fuckin' sign me up so I can take those hours right to Southwest or Jet Blue and make double my salary for half the bullshit!  Yeah, we all realized that the dog shit shuttle was about the best deal in the Navy, LOL.

I wanted to kill submarines so I went P-3s...but that's a whole other story.  I'd jump at a chance to fly that dog shit route now, though.   :dreamer:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

I'm pretty sure this picture is in the Grogheads article I wrote.  Regardless...

Toonces with ole 763 somewhere in the Persian Gulf circa 2001.

Man alive, what a fucking hassle this is with the demise of Photobucket.   >:(

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: Toonces on May 21, 2020, 11:07:43 PM

Very cool photo.  Did you have a call sign when you flew? 

I replaced my photobucket with Imgur.  Imgur is free and IMO works just as well as photobucket did. 

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on May 22, 2020, 07:51:15 AM
Quote from: Toonces on May 21, 2020, 11:07:43 PM

Very cool photo.  Did you have a call sign when you flew? 

I replaced my photobucket with Imgur.  Imgur is free and IMO works just as well as photobucket did.

+1 Been using Imgur ever since Photobucket changed.....

Gusington

Yeah IMGUR is the way to go.

Toonces has many call signs :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

So how much Rubber Dog Shit can that big plane hold Toonces? I'll bet it's a lot. And the great thing about the rubber version of Dog Shit is the smell is so much better. Thank You for your service to our country BTW.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

LOL, man I must have been in a seriously happy place last night if I was posting pictures of myself.

My callsign was "Toonces" which more or less rhymes with my last name...or refers to my ability to drive an airplane.   8)

A fully loaded P-3 was just over 139,000 pounds.  That's a lot of bullshit.

Gusington

Your call sign was actually Toonces?? That is so great I can barely contain myself!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Yep.  I started out as "Looney Tunes" then they shortened to "Tunes" and then someone realized that was like the Saturday Night Live cat and switched it to "Toonces."  Toonces ended up sticking. 

Some of the callsigns of the folks I work with:

Gunny
Spike
Flesh
Gerbil
Commandant
Bogey

I actually don't even know Gerbil's real name LOL.

Gusington

Gerbil - now that's a terrible callsign.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That is pretty bad. Maybe Mousedick might be worse but not by much.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

I had a very good friend we used to call Shrimp Dick (he passed away 5 years ago RIP) - I'll leave the rest up to your collective imaginations.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Vintage Dude

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd