Homeworld 1&2 Remastered on Gog

Started by DoctorQuest, June 07, 2016, 08:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

DoctorQuest

^Thanks. I should have thought of that. I was too busy purchasing.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

mirth

Let me go check my Steam Library to see if I already own it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Jarhead0331

Its not a good thing for GoG when steam is getting a hold of golden era classic games long before they are being released on GoG.  Had this been released on GoG back when it was released on Steam, it would have been huge. Now....who cares?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

jamus34

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 07, 2016, 10:55:56 AM
Its not a good thing for GoG when steam is getting a hold of golden era classic games long before they are being released on GoG.  Had this been released on GoG back when it was released on Steam, it would have been huge. Now....who cares?

Agreed however I think this might be more of a function of gearbox rather than GOG. End result is the same though in that it hurts GOG.
Insert witty comment here.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 07, 2016, 10:55:56 AM

I am not as big a fan of Steam as some. I have my reasons which I don't need to go into now. Suffice it to say that this is a plus for me and maybe not others.

If it's not news, so be it.

Jarhead0331

No disrespect intended...but really, gamers who do not use steam are the transgenders of the gaming world.  They represent .03% of the gaming community, yet occupy much of the discourse on DRM systems, often times, quite loudly.  :crazy2: 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mirth

I've said it before, the reason I have come to use Steam so much is that they make it relatively easy and they offer some insane deals on games I want. It's rare that there are ever problems that keep me from playing games I've purchased through Steam.

I am not a fan of DRM, but Steam is just too damned good (and cheap) not to use.

DoctorQuest

I was not the one who turned this into a discussion about Steam. To each his own.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: DoctorQuest on June 07, 2016, 12:23:48 PM
I was not the one who turned this into a discussion about Steam. To each his own.

Do you have a penis, a vagina or some combination of both?  >:D
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

DoctorQuest

So much for respect. I'm done here.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: DoctorQuest on June 07, 2016, 12:30:08 PM
So much for respect. I'm done here.

Dude, what is your problem? Get a sense of humor, and yes, don't come back until you find one.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog