Main Menu

November FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, June 28, 2019, 02:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

A little unsure what I'll be focusing on this weekend. Probably some ARMA 3, DCS in VR, Steel Division 2, Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 with the new chaos campaign, and who knows what else???

Everyone enjoy!

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I finally fired up Conan Unconquered last night for about an hour and surprisingly did NOT get my ass handed to me immediately. Played 5 rounds of a 25 round campaign and really enjoyed it. It is not as frantic or difficult as I feared. If you enjoy tower defense, Age of Empires, the Conan universe, or a combo of the three, you will enjoy Conan Unconquered. Plus I have seen it on sale already for 40% off at sites like Fanatical.

And of course played a couple pf hours of AssCreed Odyssey. Amazingly I am about 50% done with the main campaign. As my summer reading evolves from ancient Greece to the Roman world, I want to get back in to AssCreed Origins. Only played about 10 hours of that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

My weekend will involve lots of painting.

Any free time I get will probably be designated to some of my new spoils (Original Sin 2, Deadfire, mEn of War 2, Deity Empires and / or Rule the Waves 2)

Also want to get back into AssCreed Odyssey
Insert witty comment here.

airboy

I'm playing a tabletop game of Big Trouble in Little China.

I may fire up my new copy of Scythe on the PC.

solops

Deity Empires.
Hog hunting
Brisket smoking
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

airboy

Quote from: solops on June 28, 2019, 09:17:24 AM
Deity Empires.
Hog hunting
Brisket smoking

Is the Hog Hunting just for extermination?  In most of the USA the heat is high and it will be harder to butcher the meat safely for the table.

For the city folk among us, hogs are one of the worst crop destroyers in the USA.  Every game warden talk I've ever heard contained two lines: take kids hunting and shoot every wild hog you see.

DoctorQuest

Trying to finish up a rain barrel installation. Working Sunday for hopefully no more than seven hours.

It's going to be hot here so I may need to take shifts on the rain barrel work. Thankfully I have an inside job on Sunday.

I will have the house to myself tonight so I may practice my helicopter skills in SAR Coastal Heroes. Running that under DXWND works well and it's a fun non-combat sim.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Barthheart

Long weekend up here as it's Canada Day on Monday, eh!  <:-)

Way too much yard work to do... but my wife is working all weekend so I should be able to sneak in some gaming.

New board games to learn - The Last Hundred yards and The Peloponnesian War. Plus still have to get a first play of U-Boot in.

For the PC, probably gonna buy GG War in the West for cheap on Steam and maybe some more Stellaris or Civ VI.

Bring on the beer soaked long weekend!  :D

Rayfer

Stellaris with the just purchased (Steam Summer Sale) MegaCorp DLC. And the Ancient Relics Story Pack (not on sale).

solops

Quote from: airboy on June 28, 2019, 09:52:08 AM
Quote from: solops on June 28, 2019, 09:17:24 AM
Deity Empires.
Hog hunting
Brisket smoking

Is the Hog Hunting just for extermination?  In most of the USA the heat is high and it will be harder to butcher the meat safely for the table.

For the city folk among us, hogs are one of the worst crop destroyers in the USA.  Every game warden talk I've ever heard contained two lines: take kids hunting and shoot every wild hog you see.
Yes. Between the loss of my quail and turkeys and equipment destruction, I cannot stand the critters. If we get a little piggy we'll cook it. Otherwise, to quote Darloks, Exterminate, Exterminate, Exterminate.

A losing battle.....
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

DoctorQuest

Is a Darlok the hybrid of a Morlock and a Dalek?

Horrifying...................................

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JasonPratt

I read last year that over in Arkansas, farmers are buying a new safe anti-hog device that keeps them out of their fields without poison and with minimal energy.

In effect it's a scarecrow, made of two dimly lit red lights, set at least 8 feet above the ground, 8 to 10 inches apart. Set some groups facing directions of approach, out in a field on a photostat and a low-wattage power supply, and the hogs stay out of the field.

...there's no punchline.  :coolsmiley: I just found it interesting that feral hogs are warded off by that.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

DoctorQuest

I think if I saw something like that in the dark I would stay the hell away.

jamus34

Quote from: DoctorQuest on June 28, 2019, 11:59:14 AM
I think if I saw something like that in the dark I would stay the hell away.

Before or after pissing yourself?
Insert witty comment here.

DoctorQuest