WH40K Gladius: Relics of War out soon

Started by Boggit, June 30, 2018, 03:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbar

Uninstalled Gladius. I want to like this game so much. Vulkan has killed it for me though. I have a Geforce 780m that has had updates stopped on April 2019. The devs are hell bent on sticking with Vulkan despite the forums repeatedly posting that each new update is breaking the game. Why switch from OpenGL to Vulkan a year after release? So uninstalled and never bought the Chaos DLC. Oh well.

mbar

Gladius current version 1.3.4.6 is running well. I have been able to complete several games with this version. So, yeah, I did reinstall.

I've been vaguely aware of a universe called Warhammer 40K for some time but this game has ignited my interest in the lore and universe of late. I'm currently reading 'The Talon of Horus.'

Martok

[casts Lesser Thread Resurrection]

The Tau are coming!  I'm excited.  :D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

I jumped on that fast!

This was a game that could easily have been abandoned, but I give the devs props for not only keeping up work on additional content, but also on not always taking the obvious choice (i.e. Eldar when?)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Martok

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 27, 2020, 07:42:57 PM
(i.e. Eldar when?)
Apparently they're the next DLC faction. 

Knowing that, I think I may wait until it comes out, then grab all the DLC I haven't picked up yet.  With Slitherine's pricing policies, I should be able to get a modest discount on all of it (including the Tau). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces