Games Workshop CEO Steps Down

Started by TheCommandTent, January 18, 2013, 09:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

QuoteGames Workshop announces that after five years of outstanding service Mark Wells is stepping down as CEO.  He leaves on good terms and with our very best wishes.

The board will be seeking to appoint a new CEO in due course.  In the meantime, our Chairman, Tom Kirby, will be Acting CEO and Chairman.

http://investor.games-workshop.com/2013/01/18/board-changes/

Saw this bit of news today.  Not sure of the implications or what, if any, changes a new CEO will bring to Games Workshop.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

The tone of that suggests they like what he did and are interested in continuing the path.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

eyebiter

The Black Library digital book download project seems to have been a success.  Several Warhammer 40k Space Marine video games published by THQ.. Wasn't there also a new version of the boxes set rules under his watch?

Con

I think I will apply for the position since it is vacant!

Then I will mash up WH40K with the Wiggles and ensure that I bring in a new generation of toddlers into the fold.

Con

LongBlade

Quote from: Con on January 21, 2013, 09:23:01 PM
I think I will apply for the position since it is vacant!

Then I will mash up WH40K with the Wiggles and ensure that I bring in a new generation of toddlers into the fold.

Con

Ha! Sounds like a winner to me :)
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Arctic Blast

In the grimdark future, there is only war...and disturbingly perky Australian people...but even their purity must be tested, for the taint of Chaos is everywhere...

Wait a minute...their shirt colors! Red for Khorne, purple for Slaanesh, blue for Tzeentch, yellow for...well, maybe he's just confused or not that bright. Nonetheless, the passion they display for their dark masters is evident enough.

Justice will be done today in the name of The Emperor.

Con

The question remains are they Ordos Malleus, Ordos Xenos or Ordos Hereticus

I vote for Ordos Malleus for truely such horrible visages and chanting they espouse immediately quells the demonic activity in the young children.

Con

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Ubercat

What are they from? Some Australian kids show?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Longdan

They escaped from an....institution.
digni enim sunt interdicunt

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Ubercat on January 22, 2013, 10:37:37 PM
What are they from? Some Australian kids show?

Yes. They're horrifyingly perky and energetic. One of my nieces liked watching the show. Within 10 minutes of exposure, I was ready to see Australia burned out of existence.

Con

Their songs though stay in your head long after they have been banished off the TV Screen.

They are however key for us in keeping our 1 year old twins from going feral on us during the evening witching hour when they are getting tired but need to stay up right before bed.

Con