Major FRIDAY (Coming Home)

Started by Jarhead0331, April 02, 2021, 05:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

"Lightly" testing the new rig with DCS and IL-2 BoX and configuring VR and controller settings. Such a giant pain in the neck!

Testing warhammer 40k Battlesector. Maybe some Halo Masterchief Collection, Aircraft Carrier Survival and perhaps delve into - dun, dun duuuuun - wite2.

Have fun and happy holiday to all!

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

- il2 Tank Crew
- Wargame Red Dragon
- Steel Division 2

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Dammit Carl!

Don't know what the dippity-do is going on at Ubiland, but I got pissed and unloaded Division 2 due to the damned crashes.  No joke; had game lockup 4 times in, I guess, 20 to 25 minutes all while in mid-mission.  I mean, it was not uncommon for me to get 1 to 2 crashes per session and I'm cool with that as I love the franchise but crap is getting silly.

Screw that noise.   >:(

-guess I'll just meander back to some racing stuff for a while as I know that that all runs just fine. 

Gusington

^That's odd because I had Assassin's Creed Valhalla crash twice last night as well and it's typically rock solid. Hmm...

Beyond Valhalla beckons Enderal: Forgotten Stories, Control, and new platformer Curse of the Dead Gods.

Maybe sprinkle in some Planescape: Torment and Pillars of Eternity too.

Happy holidays all.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Great song choice BTW JH!

I'm in a gaming funk right now...I might continue to watch the Strategy Gaming Dojo let's learn series for WitE and continue to try to get into that game.

On a non-gaming but computer related side I'm continuing to try to learn programming as it is something I've always wanted to do.

And we are finally hitting the point that weekly yardwork will be a thing so I will continue to be cleaning up from the winter, from the recent windstorms, from my dog and probably sharpen my mower blades and have the first cut of the season this weekend.
Insert witty comment here.

Pete Dero

Quote from: jamus34 on April 02, 2021, 08:16:03 AM
Great song choice BTW JH!

I only knew the German original and I still like that one better for some reason.

For the weekend : learning to fly the Aerosoft Airbus A320 in Prepar3d.

nelmsm

Well besides answering my PBEM games as the files come in I've been taking War in the East 2 out for a spin.  Like what I'm seeing there.  Also need to write up a scenario report for one of the JTS games I'm playtesting but that might wait until tomorrow or Sunday.  Just finished battling with my prescription insurance provider.  Rather invade the Soviet Union by myself armed with nothing but a rusty butter knife then deal with those asshats again.

MengJiao

Quote from: Destraex on April 02, 2021, 06:29:30 AM
- il2 Tank Crew

Some Il-2 airplanes, maybe DCS, probably some HLL, boardgames and Dungeons and dragons.

-budd-

Probably a lot of WITE 2, watching , reading and playing. Been playing around with the Road to Leningrad scenario to learn the air game. By turn 3 and 4 the AI is pretty good at cutting off your spearheads, so watch your flanks.

Probably mix in an FPS game for change of pace. Prodeus to try some more user made maps or Killing Floor 2, the spring update was just released.

Have a great weekend everyone and a Happy Easter.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Destraex

Quote from: MengJiao on April 02, 2021, 03:38:24 PM
Quote from: Destraex on April 02, 2021, 06:29:30 AM
- il2 Tank Crew

Some Il-2 airplanes, maybe DCS, probably some HLL, boardgames and Dungeons and dragons.
Nice Meng. My ears don't handle the aircraft aspect of the game too well or I would be there as well. I do own il2BOS as an original backer as well which is a shame. There are so many unique ww2 aircraft in il2-Box, one I would especially love to play is the hs-129. Looks evil and apparently has some really nasty flight characteristics apart from being underpowered. Sounds like fun to me  :crazy2:
I am kinda hoping that DCS do the pacific soon with the free Marianis map. I know the owner of the DCS game loves the Hellcat.

There has been talk on the forums for il2 tank crew about needing camouflage against the aircraft. Obviously pilots outnumber tank crew on most combined maps. I need to play some multiplayer tanks actually.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Anguille

Great song. I am also mostly familiar with the german version.

My plan for the weekend:

- Conflict Desert Storm: mission 3 & 4
- Stronghold Warlords: one or two missions of the peace campaign.

If i have some more time: Imperiums: Greek Wars and Master of Orion: CtS.

Myrmidon

Ever more Dominions 5 for me.  In 3 MP games right now, but would love it if the Grogs club could get another going (Ahem!).

One of the games is Monday Night Dominions, where there's commentating on an actual in progress game going on.  The audio and commentating get much better a few episodes in, but it's on episode 20 right now, and gotten to be really good.  The 2 commentators are good players, so newer players will get some good tips and insights into the game. 

https://youtu.be/O6d2tuROxMM

Again, be patient with the early episodes audio.  I found I needed to use headphones to hear one of the commentators early on, but it get's much better, as does their humor and coverage.

Other than that, got a good game of Stellaris started.  Having fun with that before the expansion comes out. 

devoncop

Quote from: -budd- on April 02, 2021, 05:53:50 PM
Probably a lot of WITE 2, watching , reading and playing. Been playing around with the Road to Leningrad scenario to learn the air game. By turn 3 and 4 the AI is pretty good at cutting off your spearheads, so watch your flanks.

Probably mix in an FPS game for change of pace. Prodeus to try some more user made maps or Killing Floor 2, the spring update was just released.

I read your advice too late re WITE 2 and had all of 1 Panzer Divn cut off south of Pskov on turn 3 yesterday  :(

It is a superb game and I have restarted to learn from my screw up. Von Manstein has of course been shot  :knuppel2:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

-budd-

Quote from: devoncop on April 03, 2021, 09:16:38 AM
Quote from: -budd- on April 02, 2021, 05:53:50 PM

I read your advice too late re WITE 2 and had all of 1 Panzer Divn cut off south of Pskov on turn 3 yesterday  :(

It is a superb game and I have restarted to learn from my screw up. Von Manstein has of course been shot  :knuppel2:

Well i'm an idiot, it's happened to me more than once. Think i need to move 16th army along faster, and maybe pause on T3 to let them catch up and build up CPP. Curious, how many air kills you getting and are you setting up your own air stuff to some degree? Saw an AAR where the player got 900+ kills on turn one, best i can do is 700+. If you leave it alone the AI get's around 650 give or take. It really is a great game, a lot of weighty choices to make. I going to hold myself to playing past turn 5 this time without restarting. Waited years to pick up WITE 1, for me i'm finding it worth it to get it at release. Got my Eastern Front Atlas and laminated one page guides out and i'm headed to Leningrad \m/
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

Interesting. So the AI is improved over WitE 1?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.