Is there an interior designer in the house?

Started by Toonces, June 06, 2018, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

just what the holy fuck is that abomination of a tv?
please say you're leaving that pos in RI.

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

GDS_Starfury

gimmi a floor plan and I got you fam.
we'll design on a dime that bitch and make your wife think you know shit.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

GDS_Starfury

and whats the real world budget?
not "as cheap as possible", a real world budget.
with that size space you can have a man can you cant get kicked out of and a guest room.

GDS_Starfury

fuck, I think the best idea is to fly me out there for a month.   :arr:

bbmike

Don't do it! If you feed him he will never leave!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

Quote from: bob48 on June 08, 2018, 04:45:24 PM
....or get him wet.....

We're gonna need a whole new thread for that conversation.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

em2nought

Stolen elections have consequences.

Toonces

Necro-bump.

Well, here it is early Feb 2019 and the room is still in its incomplete, unrenovated state.  I did have a contractor come out, but the estimate was ridiculous, well, well over $10k.  This, and some second thoughts about whether the house is a "forever home" or even somewhere where we'll stay long enough to make extensive renovations cost-effective, has completely stalled my thinking on what to do.

I had decided to try to do the work myself.  I watched some videos on installing drywall, and it looks time-consuming but not that hard.  But then...there's this door that leads outside on the front side of the room that I want to remove...and so every time I am about ready to start I am overwhelmed by figuring out how to start.

So...all of that is to say that I am going to go cheap.  Right now I can't use the room properly for anything and I've had enough.  The plan is to paint the walls and ceiling, and install some laminate flooring.  I had an electrician come out about two months ago and take all the shop lights out, so right now there are no lights on the ceiling.  I'm not going to let this slow me down.

We're going to go with a gray wood on the floor, dark blue on the walls, and a mocha on the ceiling.  I am probably going to clean up the beams and re-paint them a nice dark brown. 

I don't know what the final result is going to look like, but almost anything is going to be an improvement on the way it looks right now.  I've gotta get this thing done so I can get my stuff out of the boxes in the garage and into their permanent homes....for now at least.

BTW, I gave the TV to the movers.  LOL.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs