Decades Feeder Bracket - 1999 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, January 07, 2018, 01:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

1999 is the last of our 40 year look back on music.  The winners of each of these Brackets are going directly into the Decades Brackets which have been my goal all along.  Once we finish with 1999, there will be six weeks of Wild Card Feeder Brackets.  Four each week for a total of 24.  Adding those to our yearly winners will give me the 64 songs, sixteen from each Decade, to play them all off and determine a Greatest Song EVAH!  And I couldn't have done any of it without you.  I thank each of you who have voted along with me, faithfully or minimally.   :clap:   :hug:

As for your 1999 lineup, you may be scratching your head and wondering, 'WTF is all THIS crap?!'  And if you are, I implore you to listen to the songs.  You might find something you like.  For those of you who know all those songs and dig enough of them to vote, I say, 'Have at!'  And thank you all again for voting :)

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

I hate you for that 2-15 matchup.  That would've been my 1-2 seeds....
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

jamus34

I feel dirty having to make some of the picks I did
Insert witty comment here.

BanzaiCat

I only despise one song on this list, so that choice was an easy one. That, of course, means the despised song will find its way to the next round, no doubt! :)

Emeraldlis

That 1/16 match up was painful ! two Of my favourite artists and songs pitched against each other . I feel like I've just committed high treason voting one of them out  >:( And as much as I love Goo Goo dolls , you just can't beat that collaboration of Santana and the guys voice from matchbox 20...that was a winner for me  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 07, 2018, 03:16:53 PM
I hate you for that 2-15 matchup.  That would've been my 1-2 seeds....

Most of the time my seeding is based on what I consider to be a good fit.  Whether it's genre or popularity or similar sounding.  That's how some of these seeds seem so out of whack.  There's no way Smooth is a 15, but, I felt the songs were similar sounding enough and close in (potential (cuz I never know what you guys really are going to go crazy for)) popularity.  Glad it turned out to be difficult  :bd:
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

So....you're a sadist is what you're saying?   8)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

OJsDad

VOTES FOR SALE!!  VOTES FOR SALE!!!  HIGHEST BIDDER!!!  FIRST COME FIRST VOTE!!!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Emeraldlis

I have a brown envelope with a thick wad of laundered cash in it  :bd: I can't give away my contacts , needless to say they're quite shy about being in the spotlight ! But I'll leave it with with a trustworthy contact , meet them on the park bench ...code word " bracket " . And then if you could fix it that my song wins the final , that'll be bribe money well spent  :) uhm....I have to be going now ....my covers about to be blown !!! Nice doing business with ya OJ  O0
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Tuna

Gad that was painful!!!!, I should've just sold my votes too!  :-[