Detroit: Become Human

Started by Jarhead0331, March 19, 2023, 08:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Detroit: Become Human is 50% off during the Steam Spring sale and I highly recommend it. I'm just getting into it right now, but the story, the look of the game and the gameplay elements come together superbly and it is really blowing me away. It is rare for story heavy games to draw me in, but this one is very engrossing so far.

QuoteDetroit 2038. Technology has evolved to a point where human like androids are everywhere. They speak, move and behave like human beings, but they are only machines serving humans.

Play three distinct androids and see a world at the brink of chaos – perhaps our future - through their eyes. Your very decisions will dramatically alter how the game's intense, branching narrative plays out.

You will face moral dilemmas and decide who lives or dies. With thousands of choices and dozens of possible endings, how will you affect the future of Detroit and humanity's destiny?

PLAY YOUR PART IN A GRIPPING NARRATIVE
Enter a world where moral dilemmas and difficult decisions can turn android slaves into world-changing revolutionaries. Discover what it means to be human from the perspective of an outsider – and see the world through the eyes of a machine.

THEIR LIVES, YOUR CHOICES
Shape an ambitious branching narrative, where your decisions not only determine the fate of the three main characters, but that of the entire city of Detroit. How you control Kara, Connor and Markus can mean life or death – and if one of them pays the ultimate price, the story still continues...

COUNTLESS PATHS, COUNTLESS ENDINGS
Every decision you make, no matter how minute, affects the outcome of the story. No playthrough will be exactly the same: replay again and again to discover a totally different conclusion.

It has been on my radar for quite some time, but I picked up a PS5 this weekend and noticed that the game was free to me as a PS+ member.

Anyway, you can get it on steam or check it out on the consoles if that is an option for you.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1222140/Detroit_Become_Human/

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Con

Let me know if you like the PS5.  Been using mine for a year now and do think its pretty awesome.  I play it more than my PC now for relaxation.
Just got the VR2 for PS5 am very impressed with the tech.  I dont have any experience to bench mark against but Kayaking and Horizons makes you feel like you are really in the game especially with the haptics in the controllers and he headset.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Con on March 19, 2023, 09:08:33 PMLet me know if you like the PS5.  Been using mine for a year now and do think its pretty awesome.  I play it more than my PC now for relaxation.
Just got the VR2 for PS5 am very impressed with the tech.  I dont have any experience to bench mark against but Kayaking and Horizons makes you feel like you are really in the game especially with the haptics in the controllers and he headset.

I really got the ps5 specifically to eventually get the vr2. There was really no other exclusive that made me feel like I "had to have" the system.  I'll definitely be posting my impressions on the ps vr experience once I get around to picking one of the headsets up.

Any tips or game recommendations for the ps5?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Con

I like playing FIFA with my kids. Really helped them understand about positioning and support in real life soccer. Plus we have family ties to some crappy uk and German teams which allows us to play as them.
Also good with the kids is Minecraft dungeons and Lego Star Wars (it's very well done and funny)
The free game that comes with the ps5 astros playroom is surprisingly very fun and gives you a good feel for the haptics.

By myself I play cyberpunk 2077. It's a brilliant game that has been really well patched. I don't have any problems with it.

Also played and finished but they really didn't grab me are guardians of the galaxy (music is great but fights repetitive) and Jedi fallen order (save system is absolutely infuriating)

Our gaming setup is a game room in our basement with rocker gaming chairs and a large sofa. On the wall is a 65 inch oled lgc2 which is gorgeous on the ps5. Utterly frivolous but now I can never go back is using Phillips hue color recessed lighting in the room with gradient play on the back of the tv. It's hard to describe but utterly groovy and immersive having scenes and colors changing.

Con

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 19, 2023, 08:11:55 PMDetroit: Become Human is 50% off during the Steam Spring sale and I highly recommend it. I'm just getting into it right now, but the story, the look of the game and the gameplay elements come together superbly and it is really blowing me away. It is rare for story heavy games to draw me in, but this one is very engrossing so far.

QuoteDetroit 2038. Technology has evolved to a point where human like androids are everywhere. They speak, move and behave like human beings, but they are only machines serving humans.

Play three distinct androids and see a world at the brink of chaos – perhaps our future - through their eyes. Your very decisions will dramatically alter how the game's intense, branching narrative plays out.

You will face moral dilemmas and decide who lives or dies. With thousands of choices and dozens of possible endings, how will you affect the future of Detroit and humanity's destiny?

PLAY YOUR PART IN A GRIPPING NARRATIVE
Enter a world where moral dilemmas and difficult decisions can turn android slaves into world-changing revolutionaries. Discover what it means to be human from the perspective of an outsider – and see the world through the eyes of a machine.

THEIR LIVES, YOUR CHOICES
Shape an ambitious branching narrative, where your decisions not only determine the fate of the three main characters, but that of the entire city of Detroit. How you control Kara, Connor and Markus can mean life or death – and if one of them pays the ultimate price, the story still continues...

COUNTLESS PATHS, COUNTLESS ENDINGS
Every decision you make, no matter how minute, affects the outcome of the story. No playthrough will be exactly the same: replay again and again to discover a totally different conclusion.

It has been on my radar for quite some time, but I picked up a PS5 this weekend and noticed that the game was free to me as a PS+ member.

Anyway, you can get it on steam or check it out on the consoles if that is an option for you.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1222140/Detroit_Become_Human/

One of my favorite games of all time. About as far as you can get from a wargame, but totally unforgettable experience (also the only game my wife has ever gotten really absorbed by).

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Con on March 19, 2023, 11:12:22 PMI like playing FIFA with my kids. Really helped them understand about positioning and support in real life soccer. Plus we have family ties to some crappy uk and German teams which allows us to play as them.

I was amazed at how much better my son's understanding of space and attacking into space became over the Summer after we watched a couple dozen World Cup games.  I could never teach my son any tactical lessons playing FIFA, because his mastery of the controller left me in a position to never teach him anything even when it was utterly obvious to me what I wanted to do with the ball.

We now have season tickets to the local MLS team, which would be more fun if they were any good at all this year.  It's amazing what it can do to a team over the course of two short years, when they fail to resign 3 of their 5 best players and the fourth guy is permanently injured.