New Releases This Week

Started by Jarhead0331, February 07, 2012, 08:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_of_montfort

Arctic Circle? I don't think it is due out until a few months.

I'll be getting CKII and Kingdoms of Amalur (well, I already have that as of today, I just haven't gotten to play it yet). It looks a lot "lighter" than Skyrim, but also full of action and nice visuals. It will be a pleasant distraction.

I was going to get Jagged Alliance at some point, but the demo has scared me away. While the game looks fairly good and fun, the demo was too hard. I could barely get through the first house of bad guys. Given I have the gaming attention of a flea, I could see putting a few hours into this, getting frustrated, and moving along.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Tpek

Pre-loading the Darkness 2 over Steam.
And installing Kingdoms of Amalur after Gamersgate had a slip, and had it released for a few hours, giving me enough time to start the download and copy&paste the serials. :D

Gusington

^Curious about Darkness 2...interesting looking game.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

Quote from: son_of_montfort on February 07, 2012, 11:45:34 AM
Arctic Circle? I don't think it is due out until a few months.

Yeah - that's the one. I'm hoping things go good with this ! I'm really chomping at the bit for a good naval warfare fix - I used to play Harpoon (various versions) all the time, but even with the fixes its still a shit show.

QuoteI was going to get Jagged Alliance at some point, but the demo has scared me away. While the game looks fairly good and fun, the demo was too hard. I could barely get through the first house of bad guys. Given I have the gaming attention of a flea, I could see putting a few hours into this, getting frustrated, and moving along.

Really zaps tha joy outta it, if the first few missions are too hard. I liked Wages of War because it gradually ramped up the difficulty, but the last release or so of Jagged Alliance I found almost unplayable in stock form. 

Tpek

Argh....
Amalur has an annoying Release-Date checker before the game can run, and it won't let me play until sometime in Friday because I'm not an American.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I was going to pick up Jagged Alliance but the more I played of the demo, the less I liked it.
I think I'll hold off for now.  (vacation starts next week anyway, so why spend money on games when I could be spending it on scuba rentals, debauched pursuits and the resultant medicals bills?)

Martok

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 07, 2012, 11:08:22 AM
Quote from: Gusington on February 07, 2012, 11:07:36 AM
Yes of course. Other than the above and Shogun: Fall of the Samurai (probably my most anticipated release ever) what else is close?

Uhhhh...Crusader Kings II and Wargame: Escalation.
Speaking of CK2, is Feb. 14 still the release date?  Or was that before it was delayed a week? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

son_of_montfort

Quote from: Tpek on February 07, 2012, 12:32:42 PM
Argh....
Amalur has an annoying Release-Date checker before the game can run, and it won't let me play until sometime in Friday because I'm not an American.

Yeah, I should have noted that. It unlocked last night after midnight for me (although I had two CTDs before it finally ran). I don't understand the decision to push non-American release back to the 10th, strange.

CKII was due out today, but pushed back to February 14.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

Tpek

Quote from: son_of_montfort on February 07, 2012, 01:06:55 PM
Quote from: Tpek on February 07, 2012, 12:32:42 PM
Argh....

Yeah, I should have noted that. It unlocked last night after midnight for me (although I had two CTDs before it finally ran). I don't understand the decision to push non-American release back to the 10th, strange.

CKII was due out today, but pushed back to February 14.

It's a stupid decision that rests with the digital outlets and the publishers.

As a way of screwing up non-Americans, they tend to brand most nations together with UK, where they claim there is a law that states video games may only be released on Friday, and more specifically the Friday after the U.S release date (not the one before it).
I doubt there's actually such a law, but go figure.

Arctic Blast

Plugged KoA in to Origin, left it downloading all day, and tonight I'll play.

son_of_montfort

I'm having good fun with KoA. It isn't the best thing in the world, but it entertains.

I just watched the trailer for Warfare: Escalation. Man... it does look pretty good. JH, have you heard any more about this? It looks like it uses the Ruse system.

- Stephen Colbert

- Stephen Colbert

jomni

I got JA.  Preorderd CKII and waiting for Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai.
And who knows Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic may just get released (at the rate Thirdwire is putting out screenshots, it is imminent).