Do You Feel Lucky Punk?

Started by airboy, January 14, 2021, 03:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I picked up Vigilantes - a game where you assemble your group to go whack three different violent gangs:
Mafia
Survivalists
Church of Beatdowns (or something like that).

Weirdly, you can "shoot to incapacitate" or "shoot to kill."  That part disturbs me since shooting to wound is really not viable in the real world.

Has turn based combat.  Think original X-Com light. 

You do detective work to find out if a gang controls a city block, you pick up allies, and then you try to put enough beat downs on the criminal food chain that you can find the mastermind of the gang.  Eliminate the three masterminds and you win.

You can also craft, build facilities in your "bat cave," train, etc.....

At the end of the day, if you are going to be violent crazy - be Batman (or at least hooded gunman).

I've enjoyed it thus far.  If it is really good I'll write a review.

Gusington

On sale @ Steam for a mere 7.49 right now!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

While not the greatest game in the world, it has held my attention.  I'm 12 hours in and also starting into midgame.

al_infierno

Appreciate the thoughts AB.  At $7 I can't say no.  Agreed about the distaste for "shoot to wound" mechanics in games (or movies etc.)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

ArizonaTank

Quote from: al_infierno on January 18, 2021, 05:19:03 PM
Appreciate the thoughts AB.  At $7 I can't say no.  Agreed about the distaste for "shoot to wound" mechanics in games (or movies etc.)

+1
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

airboy