Combat Mission: Cold War

Started by IICptMillerII, February 15, 2021, 11:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 16, 2021, 10:30:54 AM
Here is a link to the TO&E -

https://www.battlefront.com/cold-war/cmcw-base-game/?tab=toe

I'll hold off until the NATO module is announced in hopes of bundling it with the main game.

IICptMillerII

Jarhead0331

So much opportunity for "BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRT!"
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

IICptMillerII

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 16, 2021, 11:02:49 AM
So much opportunity for "BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRT!"

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRT followed by some air delivered cluster bombs! All from the same aircraft too!

Michael Dorosh

It's a well-put together video, but the use of 1980s VCR technology is kind of a hilarious reminder of CM's aging graphics....

Though now that I think of it, could be interesting to see M-1 Tank Platoon scenarios rendered in CM.  At least that way the graphics are a step up....

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on February 16, 2021, 11:48:12 AM
At least that way the graphics are a step up....

Ouch!

That screenshot brings back so many wonderful memories.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 16, 2021, 11:52:29 AM
That screenshot brings back so many wonderful memories.

Definitely. It's funny, despite being a fictional setting, there is a ton of content already out there which scenario designers can draw on for inspiration.

I still rate M-1 Tank Platoon's campaign system as one of the most fun I've ever played, and it didn't even have a strategic map the way Close Combat did.

Sir Slash

I want this game NOW. Why do I have to wait? FEED THE NEED!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

This looks like a Day 1 buy for me as well.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Zulu1966

Quote from: Elvis on February 16, 2021, 10:29:13 AM
Here are our pages for the game:

https://www.battlefront.com/cold-war/cmcw-base-game/

Expected release in April 2021. Yes, it is that far along.

Yes but that still really means 2022 :) just kidding.... \m/
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

JasonPratt

All hail forward Battlefront progress!!  :notworthy:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

IICptMillerII

MOS:96B2P

CMCW also has a campaign and scenarios set at the NTC.  Very, very cool.  This title is probably my favorite out of all the CM titles.  With all the brush wars etc. and the CM modding community the possibilities for this title are very exciting. 

Skoop

This does look pretty cool.  The option of '79 vs '82 is cool too, will make for some interesting engagements.  I wonder how long it'll take until it's in our hands.

Yskonyn

Very cool and totally unexpected.  :clap:
I hope Engine 5 will give the series a graphical touch up, however. It's beginning to show its age rather glaringly.
I don't feel flashy graphics are what's needed, just higher detailed textures, more detailed terrain mesh and improved 3D models.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."