Ancestor's Legacy medievalRTS FREE "peasant edition" single missions+multiplayer

Started by Destraex, March 20, 2021, 01:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

This is an RTS game on par with company of heroes except for the medieval setting. The developer is Polish I believe and the setting thus between the dark ages and very early medieval. Although units from the 1200s are in the game - teutonic order do have the classic enclosed helmets for their up armoured cavalry for instance.
I have had this game for a fair while and love to play it vs the AI with some friends. A good little game that I play more than I will probably ever play the modern titles of total war.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/720380/Ancestors_Legacy_Free_Peasant_Edition/
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

Ancestors Legacy League finals. The commentary is hilarious. I think they are Polish? But they sound to me like stereo typical Russian comic voices to me. I really cracked up over this.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/986049535

Pete Dero

Quote from: Destraex on April 19, 2021, 05:48:39 AM
But they sound to me like stereo typical Russian comic voices to me.

Could be Dutch  >:D

I really believe Joanna could be Dutch.  The other one is Polish.
And I didn't know Russia allowed comics  ;).

al_infierno

Heh.  Reminds me of the comical exchange in Blood Meridian between the kid and the ex-priest.   O:-)

He speaks dutch, said the expriest.

Dutch?

Aye... He does for I heard him do it. [...] Asked where he'd learned it you know what he said?

What did he say.

Said off a dutchman. The expriest spat. I couldn't of learned it off ten dutchmen.

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Destraex

I want to see them playing the game.  :pullhair:
They could be surprisingly good.