Main Menu

No cricket thread?

Started by JudgeDredd, August 08, 2015, 05:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Well...that's just not cricket, is it.

Anyone here down under able to tell me how scathing the press are about the Aussie first innings in the 4th test? 60 all out??  :knuppel2:
Alba gu' brath

Bison

bayonetbrant

You're surrounded by Americans!  To us, "cricket" is either a cell-phone service provider, or a small insect used for fishing bait / feeding snakes.

that said...

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JudgeDredd

lol - that last test was over pretty quick.

Unlucky Aussies  :'(
Alba gu' brath

Pinetree

Great result for England. My heart bleeds for the Aussies. Their current team is the most boorish I've ever seen, and that's saying something..

And yes, the aussie press utterly slayed them. :D
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

DoctorQuest

I tried watching it when I visited the UK and India and very much need to have someone explain the rules to me. That's the problem with most sports; they are boring unless you understand the rules.

Btw cricket is huge in India. More than I ever would have expected. The kept that and driving on the wrong side of the road from the Brits.  :2funny:
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

undercovergeek

sydney heralds headline was 'Pomicide'

OJsDad

You could place cricket posts in the baseball thread.  No one would know the difference. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bob48

The strange thing is, for an English lad, I used to play baseball, but not cricket.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Bison

Quote from: bob48 on August 09, 2015, 03:15:41 PM
The strange thing is, for an English lad, I used to play baseball, but not cricket.

Smart. 

DoctorQuest

And just so we're clear.....I really don't need to know what would make a wicket sticky.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.