Main Menu

Formula 1

Started by GDS_Starfury, April 12, 2015, 08:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

undercovergeek

they were at the top end of 1200 bhp in the early 80s after they developed the turbo engines

bugatti veyron yes, golf............

no

mirth

I do miss my Peugeot 505 turbo.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: undercovergeek on April 12, 2015, 05:26:35 PM
they were at the top end of 1200 bhp in the early 80s after they developed the turbo engines

bugatti veyron yes, golf............

no

ya, from a turbo v-10 engine.  you want to bring up todays hyper cars fine.  they would crush F1 cars from back then and do it with A/C and a sound system.  my point still stands thats todays racing technology always finds its way into what we all drive on a daily basis.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

MikeGER

...well, not for Vettel and not for Rosberg  :(

GDS_Starfury

Rosberg kind of screwed himself with that apex overshoot though.

MikeGER

he claimed break failure (overheat) after the race  (Hamilton reported similar milder but increasing breaks  problem on his last two laps)

GDS_Starfury

I would be blaming very small sand particles covering the track and getting into everything.

MikeGER

i had those "IS with shitload money for 5 decades" = suddenly 'nicy nicy kingdoms' accepted race locations anyway. ...where the driver had to celebrate with rose-water ::) 

GDS_Starfury

consider whos been buying all of those Ferrari's, McLarens, Lambo's and Astons for decades.

BanzaiCat

There was a nice convertible Ferrari F430 Spider in the HEB (grocery store) parking lot. Should have taken a picture but it was exactly like this one:

GDS_Starfury

meh...  middle of the road Ferrari.  IIRC one of those sold over the weekend at the auction for 70k-ish.

GDS_Starfury

shit, there were Bentleys and Astons that were less then 5 years old that sold for under $70k.  I could have cried.

OJsDad

Why didn't you buy.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.